COVID-19 Resources: Grassroots Advocacy
Our communities are crucial to our operations. We rely on them to support our lifesaving programs and we count on them to advocate for changes that will help our organizations in the long-term.
This is the moment to mobilize your community to get the help you need now and in the future after this pandemic has changed our industry, we believe, for the better.
VIDEOS, WEBINARS, & PODCAST
- Advocacy in the Time of COVID-19
- Best Friends Grassroot Advocacy – Kenny Lamberti Facebook Live
- Best Friends 2025 Action Team
- Jefferson Parish Animal Shelter and Zeus' Rescue - How to provide community resources while social distancing
- Saving America's Pets Vlog - Grassroots advocacy and taking action for animals
DOWNLOADABLE PDFs, PLAYBOOKS, & SOPs
- Best Friends Shelter in Place Shelter Guidance
- Shelter Policy Platform (NACA and Best Friends Animal Society)
READY TO GO TEMPLATES
- Animals Inside Card
- Community Kindness Cards: Help keep pets at home and safe. Use these cards to ask your community to be part of solution. This template allows you to add your own logo and contact information as well. We recommend saving as a PDF before distributing.
- COVID-19 Pet Preparedness Plan Template
- Employment Status Letter Template - For use in areas under a shelter in place order for proof of employment/volunteer status at an essential business.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & INFORMATION