Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
- Network Partner Job Openings
- Professional Development Resources
- Best Friends Animal Society Internships
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here.
If you are not a network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Veterinary opportunities currently listed in:
General opportunities currently listed in:
- Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Washington.
Humane Society Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Community Medicine Veterinarian- Are you eager to dive into expanding access to veterinary care and be a part of purpose-driven work? If so, this could be the role for you! We are looking for an energetic Community Medicine Veterinarian that wants to be part of building our community presence. Animals enrich our lives just as much we impact theirs, community programs allows us to remove barriers to pet ownership and keeps families together. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Director, Veterinary Services- HSSV is looking for a Director, Veterinary Services to provide strategic leadership to our Veterinary Services team. This opportunity reports directly to the Chief of Shelter Medicine and manages the team that delivers veterinary services and programs encompassing animals in our shelter and community. The Director, Veterinary Services will lead a team comprised of a management team along with 20-25 veterinary support staff in our state-of-the-art facility providing the highest standard of care. This individual will have a focus on building new shelter medicine and access to veterinary care programs and growing the team to establish world class practices. The Director, Veterinary Services will have the opportunity to expand HSSV’s leadership presence and participation in the state and national animal welfare arena. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Veterinary Services Operations Specialist- Want to make an impact in animal welfare? The Veterinary Services Operations Specialist plays a key role in supporting world class medical services and programs encompassing animals in our shelter and community. This role will be a part of a team of medical support staff, including RVTs, veterinary assistants, students, and volunteers, in our state-of-the-art facility providing the highest standard of care. The Veterinary Services Operations Specialist will have a focus on driving productivity improvements and identifying areas of opportunity and leveraging resource investments. The ideal candidate is passionate about operational excellence, takes a creative and innovative look towards challenges, and excels in day-to-day operations. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Veterinary Technician- The Animal Care and Protective Services is actively seeking a Veterinary Technician. This is technical work in the maintenance of kennel facilities to include: care and feeding of sheltered animals, performance of related clerical and customer support work, providing support to veterinarians and veterinary technician supervisor in routine medical, surgical, and/or necropsy procedures. Open requirements include: Two years of education and/or technical experience in biology, animal husbandry, herd management, animal handling/care, veterinary technician, pre-med or pre-veterinary, medical, phlebotomy or laboratory technician experience; Successfully passing the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE) to become certified as a Veterinary Technician may be substituted for six months of experience. The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. To be considered for this position you must apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
Tabby's Place: a Cat Sanctuary - Ringoes
- Shelter Veterinarian (part-time)- This position offers an exciting opportunity at a one-of-a-kind, cat-only sanctuary where you will work alongside a small, caring staff and over 100 volunteers to provide high quality, care for our feline residents while they await their forever homes. Our cats range from healthy, vibrant kittens to seniors and special needs cats with conditions like diabetes or paralysis. You will help provide these cats with high quality medical. A Veterinarian is responsible for providing high-quality medical care to cats cared for by Tabby’s Place, including diagnoses, surgeries, dental and other procedures treatment of various medical conditions, health maintenance, emergency care, and euthanasia. The care provided is aligned with our policy of doing whatever is the best interest of each cat. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
PAWS-Progressive Animal Welfare Society - Lynnwood
- CAS Shelter Licensed Veterinary Technician- To provide for the comfort and health care for animals at the shelter, assisting the veterinary and shelter team with the daily activities of the PAWS Spay/Neuter Clinic and medical program helping to maintain efficient shelter health operations. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
High Country Humane - Flagstaff
- Shelter Manager- Provides leadership and direction for the efficient and smooth operation of the shelter including intake, field services, animal placement, and facilities. Directs the proper utilization of inventory and purchasing. Manages High Country Humane’s animal inventory and makes policy decisions regarding animal outcomes. Ensures quality animal care, shelter cleanliness and excellent customer service. Ensures quality programming that is in accordance with High Country Humane’s mission, goals, management and resources .Responsible for managing budgets, supervising staff and writing policy and procedures. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Director of Development, Major Gifts- The Director of Development, Major Gifts will enable the sustainability, evolution, and expansion of HSSV’s lifesaving programs by managing a dynamic fundraising portfolio of 100+ donors and inspiring them to learn more about our exciting strategic priorities. This role is focused on individual relationships with donors able to give single gifts of $25,000 to $1 million. This role will play an important part in helping HSSV scale our work in our local, regional, and national areas. The Director of Development, Major Gifts will identify, evaluate, cultivate, and manage relationships and successfully close gifts through appropriate and timely asks. This individual will be a thought leader, providing input and support to HSSV’s Board of Directors, Senior Management, and Development volunteers on a full range of development activities. Identifying and involving the appropriate partner(s) (e.g. Board Members or Operations Managers) to support activities in the development and stewardship of donor relationships will be a key function of this role. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Pasadena Humane - Pasadena
- Public Relations & Communications Manager- The Public Relations & Communications Manager is responsible for managing and executing Pasadena Humane’s media and community relations strategies, including promoting brand awareness, programs & services, community events and fundraising campaigns. Full time; Exempt; Salary: $63,000-70,000 DOE. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
The Old Mutt Hut - Calhan
- Caregiver at Sanctuary for Old Dogs- Live-in caregiver at a sanctuary in rural Colorado for about a dozen wonderful dogs that have wound up losing their homes/people in their golden years. Housing plus salary. Lots of volunteers to help walk the dogs on the prairie. No crates or kennels but lots of dog beds and couches. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Animal Code Enforcement Officer- The City of Jacksonville is actively seeking an Animal Code Enforcement Officer. This is technical work in enforcing animal care and control laws, involving the apprehending of stray, free-roaming, injured, and diseased animals; investigation of animal cruelty complaints; issuing of warning notices and citations; educating the public; and performance of clerical related duties. The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. In order to be considered for this position you MUST apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
Planned PEThood of Georgia - Duluth
- Executive Director- This high-level individual is responsible for the financial and reputational health of the organization, and for the effectiveness of each of its programs. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Prince George's County Animal Services Division - Upper Marlboro
- Deputy Associate Director of Animal Services Community Relations and Shelter Operations- Prince George’s County Department of the Environment is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill a Deputy Associate Director of Community Relations and Shelter Operations position within its Animal Services Division. This professional-level position plans directs and oversees the Community Relations and Shelter Operations of the Animal Services Division. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society - Salisbury
- Fundraising Coordinator- Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society (MRFRS) is seeking a dedicated Fundraising Coordinator to join our team in fulfilling our mission to improve the lives of all cats and provide support and education for the people who care about them. The Fundraising Coordinator supports the Development department with the donation administration process (from receiving and recording gifts to producing thank you letters), database support and management of gift programs. This position assists MRFRS development initiatives and aids in achieving department and organization fundraising goals to support our growth initiatives. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Ruff Start Rescue - Princeton
- Director of Marketing and Development- The Director of Marketing & Development, a key member of Ruff Start Rescue’s leadership team, is responsible for envisioning and executing a comprehensive fundraising and communications strategy that advances our mission, helps increase philanthropic support from donors, and drives our growth plan. This role focuses heavily on fundraising, program support, development, and diversifying revenue streams to maintain organizational goals and objectives. This position is also responsible for supervising a team of four direct reports and ensuring that their tasks are being completed in a timely and efficient manner. This position will oversee all aspects of the fund development program including general donations, corporate sponsorships, grants, major gifts, planned giving, recurring giving, special events, and merchandising. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Events Manager- The Events Manager oversees the planning, promotion, and execution of awareness, fundraising, and other community events for Ruff Start Rescue. This rewarding position will work closely with staff and volunteers to ensure events are successful. The Events Manager will also prepare, when necessary, budgets and ROIs for events. This position brings awareness and helps generate revenue in support of Ruff Start’s mission. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Charlotte - Charlotte
- Youth Program Coordinator- As our Youth Program Manager, the core of your responsibilities revolve around providing interactive educational presentations and activities that promote empathy and compassion in animal welfare. You'll be conducting classroom visits, summer camps, and working closely with volunteers and other areas of the organization to promote and expand our program. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Paws4Ever - Mebane
- Dog Training Program Manager- Paws4ever, an animal welfare nonprofit in Mebane, North Carolina, seeks a committed, compassionate, and skilled trainer to lead, promote, and grow our Dog Training Program. Paws4ever is dedicated to creating and growing lifetime relationships between pets and people through adoption, training, education, and care. As one of our core programs, the Dog Training Program is committed to using positive, science-based, and proven-effective methods to help clients achieve their training goals. The Dog Training Program Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Paws4ever Dog Training Program and Learning Center. Primary duties include program development and management, analysis, and growth; staff and volunteer management and mentorship; and customer relations, including teaching classes and private consultations. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Oklahoma Humane Society - Oklahoma City
- Foster Pet Placement Coordinator- The Pet Placement Coordinator is primarily responsible with placing animals needing foster home care through Oklahoma Humane Society’s programs in order to decrease euthanasia in Oklahoma. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Manager of Lifesaving Programs (OKC)- The purpose of this position is to oversee all lifesaving programs and managerial functions relative to the Oklahoma City Campus (s), including but not limited to the supervision of intake operations, relocation programs, foster homes and adoptions, implementation of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as directed, staff training and supervision, facility repair and maintenance. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Oklahoma Humane Society - Vinita
- Manager of Lifesaving Programs (OKHNE)- The purpose of this position is to oversee all lifesaving programs and managerial functions relative to the OKHNE Campus, including but not limited to the supervision of clinical operations, relocation programs, community outreach and implementation of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as directed, staff training and supervision, facility repair and maintenance. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Beck's Place - Monroe
- Co-Director of Programs & Community- Beck’s Place has a shared leadership structure. The Co-Executive Director of Programs & Community co-leads the organization with the Co-Executive Director of Operations. Together the directors shape, inspire, and manage Beck’s Place present and future. Both directors collaboratively make decisions and recommendations as to the overall strategic direction, operations, and development of the organization. Aligned with this collaborative approach, the Co-EDs share fundraising responsibilities. You can learn more about this about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions