Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.*
- Network Partner Job Openings
- Professional Development Resources
- Best Friends Animal Society Internships
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here.
If you are not a network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Veterinary opportunities currently listed in:
General opportunities currently listed in:
- Alabama, California, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, and Washington
The Animal Foundation - Las Vegas
- Veterinarian- Join our team in sunny Las Vegas to save the lives of all healthy and treatable animals in the valley! The Animal Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that was founded in 1978 and is one of the highest volume single-site animal shelters in America. We are looking for a veterinarian to join our team of compassionate self-starters. There are opportunities to be medicine-focused, surgery-focused, or have a mix of both. In addition to caring for the animals in our shelter, The Animal Foundation also provides affordable services to the community, including vaccinations and spay/neuter. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Network (Options Veterinary Care) - Reno
- Customer Service Representative- The Customer Service Representative represents Options Veterinary Care to the public in a friendly, professional manner, maintains a smooth and orderly flow of patients through the clinic, assists clients, and maintains accurate records in order to provide exceptional customer service. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Veterinarian Assistant- The Veterinary Assistant assists veterinarians and veterinary technicians in providing compassionate medical care and treatment for animals, and exceptional customer service to clients. Options Veterinary Care is program of Humane Network, a Reno-based non-profit organization, that operates a clinic providing quality, affordable, and accessible spay/neuter services and veterinary care for pets and community cats to keep pets and families together and support a humane community. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Saving Grace Pet Adoption Center - Roseburg
- Associate Veterinarian- Our Associate Veterinarian is responsible for the care of surgical patients, shelter animals and the management of medical staff. While on duty, the Associate Veterinarian ensures that all members of the team are adhering to proper care of patients as outlined in the AVMA best practices in conjunction with Saving Grace’s Medical SOPs. The ideal candidate for this position is compassionate and professional, motivated to work in a shelter with opportunity for growth, and understands the importance of good communication and teamwork. Typical surgery case mix includes spay/neuter, dental cleanings, extractions, mass removals, amputations, wound repairs and optic surgeries. Must be proficient in or willing to learn current high volume, high quality spay/neuter techniques and be comfortable performing sterilization surgeries on juveniles, cryptorchids and pregnant animals. Must be able to safely and efficiently perform up to 20 surgeries per (8 hour) day on a regular basis. Mentorship available for those making the move to shelter medicine. Must hold a current Oregon veterinary license or be willing and able to obtain one. Join us in beautiful southern Oregon! You can learn more abou this position and how to apply by clicking here.
- Medical Director- Saving Grace Pet Adoption Center is a private, nonprofit, open admission shelter located in Douglas County, Oregon. We are a private 501c3 nonprofit and we hold a contract with our County to provide animal sheltering services. We serve approximately 4,000 animals annually, providing adoption, return to home, return to field, public spay/neuter services, temporary boarding and more. Clinic equipment includes a newly installed x-ray machine, high speed drill, isoflurane anesthesia, hydraulic surgery table, pulse oximetry, IV fluid pump, wet table, dental scaler/polisher and full set of hand tools. Our live release rate is 95% and are now focusing our efforts on creating community based programs to help keep pets and people together. We are excited about the potential to grow and are seeking a leader who is motivated to help us create and implement new programs. Our team is committed to a positive work environment where we support one another as well as our community. You can learn more about this position and how to apply by clicking here.
Mobile County Animal Shelter - Mobile
- Animal Service Administrator- An employee in this class is responsible for developing comprehensive plans and programs that insure accepted practices are successfully followed in the care and handling of all animals coming under the control of the Animal Control Department. The Animal Services Administrator has the responsibility of overseeing the leadership and support for Animal Control and Animal Shelter programs, daily operations, as well as long-term planning for future operational needs for the department. Supervision is exercised over supervisory staff, animal control officers, kennel technicians, laborers, clerical and other personnel. Work is performed under the general direction of the Environmental Services Director or other designated senior management official. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
City of Hesperia - Hesperia
- Animal Control Officer- As a Teamster Local 1932 represented Animal Control Officer, you will perform patrol duties involving the capture, impound and transport of stray, injured, and deceased animals from the streets and public property; responds to calls promptly; investigates complaints regarding vicious, stray, and injured animals, and those suspected of having rabies. You will issue citations, warnings, and/or legal notices for code violations; and testifies in court as necessary and required. In addition, you will prepare related reports, records and logs for documentation and statistical purposes as required by state and federal law. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Director, Capacity and Animal Flow- As the director of a seven-person team you will play a key role in maximizing HSSV’s lifesaving capacity in not just our community, but also those of our partners’ communities throughout California. The team recruits and manages partner shelter relationships, coordinates and executes animal transports, manages the animal’s pathway through our shelter (including foster homes) and grows/maintains awesome relationships with our fosters. You will create and guide a rescue and foster strategy that expands our ability to help animals and minimize their length of stay with HSSV through our partner shelters and HSSV. In addition, you will play a leadership role across the departments in Shelter Operations to ensure we have the volunteer support to deliver on HSSV’s mission to save lives while delivering a rewarding and valued experience for volunteers. This is a highly collaborative role, and the ideal candidate is outcome oriented, passionate about operational excellence, and possesses strong leadership skills. The ability to be innovative, comfortable with driving change, and to work at both a strategic and operational level is essential. Do you have the drive, passion, and skills we need? If so, apply today! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- HR Specialist- Are you eager to dive into animal welfare and be a part of mission-driven work? If so, this could be the role for you! We are looking for an energetic HR Specialist that wants to be part of supporting our HR initiatives. An opportunity full of possibilities where you can learn: Partner with an experienced HR team to leverage and grow your HR knowledge and experience. Support an organization that is highly involved and supportive of HR/people activities. Work for an organization that thrives on innovation and expanding mission impact. Leverage BambooHR (leading HRIS partner) by assisting HR with recordkeeping and drive how HR technology can support organizational needs. Perform transactional HR responsibilities and support team with operational tasks. Be the voice of HSSV for new hires by leading them through New Hire Orientation. Deliver support on a wide variety of HR related responsibilities through the employment lifecycle including recruiting, benefits administration, LOA administration, onboarding and offboarding, compliance in HR policies, processes and documents, including wage and hour, general employee questions and lots more. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. - Pomona
- Customer Care Supervisor- The Customer Care Supervisor’s role is to oversee all customer care as it relates to general customer service, licensing, and reunification with owners. This position will also review the programs in place and analyze where we can drive improvement to increase our overall guest satisfaction. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Veterinary Services Administrator- Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position supports Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. (IVHS & SPCA) in achieving the mission and vision through driving the goals and achievements of the Alex & Elisabeth Lewyt Medical Center. It will also oversee the functional use of hospital-related resources and activities on a cost per unit of service basis to determine the most impact. This leadership position is responsible for a wide range of complex administrative activities. This includes ensuring quality patient care, ensuring spay/neuter goals are met, effective management of clinic resources including hospital inventories, and the management of the practice team. The individual we are seeking is a skillful coordinator of logistics, people, and managing the schedules of others with the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities under pressure. The ideal candidate will be a person of integrity, loyalty, who has the capacity for hard work, perseverance, and resiliency. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Various Animal Care Positions- The City of Jacksonville’s Animal Care Division is actively recruiting for positions at the animal shelter. The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. The City also has part-time positions that may include some benefits. Please visit https://www.coj.net/jobs for more information and to apply.
Animal Care League - Oak Park
- Adoption and Foster Coordinator- Animal Care League is working to place more animals into loving homes through our adoption program. We are also working to grow our foster program in order to help more animals outside of the shelter walls. The Adoption & Foster Coordinator position works with the Pathway Manager to get animals placed in foster homes as well as works directly with the public supporting an important part of our mission-the human/animal bond! Our Adoption Team acts as key brand ambassadors for the organization as well as advocates for the cats, dogs and other small mammals in our program. This position requires some night & weekend availability. Candidates without the minimum requirements may not be considered. A working interview may be required as part of the interview process. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Adoption Program Supervisor- Do you love connecting people and pets? Want to oversee a team focused on positive outcomes for shelter animals? The Adoption Program Supervisor acts as the ultimate brand ambassador and oversees the adoption team and front-end staff to ensure exemplary customer service. This role works to ensure that the animals in our care are matched with potential adopters who can make a lifelong commitment to them and that adopters feel supported through the adoption process. This role also works to keep the adoption team informed, and inspired. A best fit candidate for this role would have strong interpersonal skills, have a passion for providing exemplary customer service, and be able to communicate the responsibilities of pet ownership through a conversational approach. This is a full-time salaried position with a pay range of $38,000-$40,000, depending on experience. All full-time employees receive benefits including paid time off and option to join our health insurance plan. Candidates without the minimum requirements may not be considered. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Volunteer Program Manager- Do you love working with people? Do you have a knack for coordinating details? Are you organized, outgoing, and want to help utilize the passion in people to make a difference? If so, this position is for you! The Volunteer Manager works to ensure that the volunteer program is working to serve the needs of the organization by recruiting, training, and stewarding a skilled and diverse volunteer and foster base. The Volunteer Manager works to keep key volunteer roles staffed within the shelter, identifies areas where specific skill sets need to be recruited, oversees the foster volunteer program, and works to ensure volunteer growth, cross-training and retention. Salary is dependent on experience, please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. This position requires some evening & weekend availability. Candidates without the minimum requirements may not be considered. You can learn more about this opportunity by clicking here. For consideration please email resume and cover letter to Gabby Uresti at: email@example.com.
Clay County Animal Rescue and Education Center, INC - Clay Center
- Dog Behavioral Specialist- Evaluate dispositions and temperaments to create a training plan for every dog in the shelter facility. Seek opportunities to improve the day-to-day operations as directed by the Board of Directors and the Kansas Pet Animal Act. Represent CCARE in a positive manner through public relations, the community, civic organizations and other animal welfare groups. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Shelter Manager- The Shelter Manager will be asked to plan, execute and enhance programs that align with the goals of Clay County Animal Rescue and Education Center (CCARE) Board of Directors. Seek opportunities to improve services and manage the day-to-day operations as directed by the Board of Directors and the Kansas Pet Animal Act. Oversee all aspects of animal care; manage staff and handle financial management associated with intake and out-take of animals. Represent CCARE in a positive manner through public relations, act as a liaison with the community, civic organizations and other animal welfare groups. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Ruff Start Rescue - Princeton
- Director of Development- Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful career? A career that allows you to utilize your skills while saving the lives of countless animals? Ruff Start Rescue has a position for you. The Director of Development, a key member of Ruff Start Rescue’s leadership team, is responsible for envisioning and executing a comprehensive fundraising strategy that advances our mission, helps increase philanthropic support from donors, and drives our growth plan. This role focuses heavily on fundraising, program support, development, and diversifying revenue streams to maintain organizational goals and objectives. This position is also responsible for supervising a team of four direct reports and ensuring that their tasks are being completed in a timely and efficient manner. This position will oversee all aspects of the fund development program, including general donations, corporate sponsorships, major gifts, planned giving, grants, and fundraising events. The ideal candidate will be a strong relationship builder and organizational storyteller. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Volunteer and Education Manager- Are you an outgoing leader who enjoys making connections? Then Ruff Start Rescue has a position for you! Volunteers are critical to achieving Ruff Start Rescue’s mission. Our 400-plus volunteers work in every aspect of our organization, from cat caretakers to transporting animals, to greeting guests at our fundraising events. The Rescue could not operate without them. Recruiting, training, scheduling, nurturing, and retaining volunteers are crucial to organizational success. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Stephens County Humane Society - Duncan
- Shelter Manager- Stephens County Humane Society is searching for a dynamic, passionate, "go-getter" to become the full-time, shelter manager for our animal shelter located in Duncan, Oklahoma. This person will pay a key role in our mission to give the animals in our care, "a new leash on life" through rescue, humane care and adoption. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Saving Grace Pet Adoption Center - Roseburg
- Executive Director- Saving Grace Pet Adoption Center is seeking an experienced Executive Director (ED) to join our talented and compassionate team of professionals providing animal welfare services to all of beautiful Douglas County, Oregon. Saving Grace is the county’s only full-service, open-admission animal shelter, providing shelter, food and medical care to thousands of animals each year, with a successful 94% live release rate. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED is responsible for the organization’s consistent and overall achievement of its mission, goals, and financial objectives, while building on the organization’s reputation for excellence and leadership in the animal welfare field. The ED is responsible for leading, managing and developing a paid staff of 20 full and part-time employees, a growing volunteer base, and overseeing a $1M annual operating budget. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Citizens for Animal Protection - Houston
- Marketing Coordinator- The role of the Marketing Coordinator is to build, foster and deepen relationships with community members, community organizations and stakeholder agencies and to market the work of CAP throughout the community and onsite. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
City of Lacey - Lacey
- Animal Services Field Officer II- Responsible for performing specialized work for Animal Services representing the jurisdictions to resolve various issues related to animals and when necessary the enforcement of local and State ordinances and statutes related to the control of animals. This is a front facing position, which requires exceptional customer service skills and a genuine desire to make a positive impact in the community. Presents a positive, enthusiastic, and professional image when representing Joint Animal Services, both internally and externally. Models and promotes a diverse and inclusive staff culture that is friendly and outgoing, collaborative, and free of judgment. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions
*Best Friends does not provide any representations or guarantees regarding the entities listed on this page or their products or services. Best Friends is not liable or responsible for any problems, damages or costs of any kind that arise from engaging with these companies.