Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.*
- Network Partner Job Openings
- Professional Development Resources
- Best Friends Animal Society Internships
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here.
If you are not a network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Veterinary opportunities currently listed in:
General opportunities currently listed in:
Humane Society Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Veterinary Assistant (full-time)- We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant to care for and treat shelter and privately owned animals in our state-of-the art medical center, which cares for over 7,000 homeless pets and performs over 8,800 surgeries each year. Position works an alternative work week of 2-10 hour days. Work shifts may include duties in onsite spay/neuter/vaccine clinic, in-house shelter medicine, or mobile spay/neuter and wellness clinics. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Weld County - Evans
- Full-Time Veterinarian- The Shelter Veterinarian provides high-quality medical care to shelter animals, including spay/neuter, treatment of various medical conditions, and herd health maintenance. (S)he assists in developing, advancing, and implementing shelter medicine protocols and delivers and ensures humane medical treatment of all animals seen in the shelter. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Citizens for Animal Protection - Houston
- Chief Veterinarian- The Chief Veterinarian works with our team to monitor and improve the health of the animals in the shelter; keep the transmission of disease to a minimum; to diagnose and oversee the medical treatment of sick and injured animals; to oversee the administration of all vaccinations; and to perform spay/neuter surgeries, amputations, dental work, hernia repair and other surgical procedures on animals. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Kitsap Humane Society - Silverdale
- Licensed Veterinary Technician- Kitsap Humane Society is looking for a Lead LVT who thrives in a fast paced environment and has HQHVSN experience. We have a fabulous team and we are looking to add someone who is looking for a work family. Kitsap Humane prides itself in offering high quality care for any animal in need. We are working on providing access to care for our community neighbors who cannot afford veterinary care. We practice mindfulness at all staff meetings and work life balance is very important to us. If you are trying to remember why you got into veterinary medicine, come and work alongside a staff who is still very passionate about veterinary medicine. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- IT Support Specialist- As an IT Support Specialist, you will be a part of a small but strong IT team, augmented by support from technology vendors. Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV) invests in leading technology solutions to increase our mission impact. The IT Support Specialist is responsible for day-to-day helpdesk tickets as well as setting up, troubleshooting, and configuring Windows/MAC-based systems, peripheral equipment, and software. This self-motivated individual must be an effective communicator and team player who can provide exceptional technical support to end users. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Manager, Animal Care and Enrichment- To help us achieve our goal of saving more lives, the Manager, Animal Care and Enrichment is a strategic driver who will lead staff (supervisors and line staff) and volunteers to ensure animals at HSSV receive a high level of care and enrichment. This opportunity is a highly collaborative role with cross-functional projects to implement shelter-wide best practices through the animal flow cycle. You need to be passionate about animals, results driven, an effective communicator, and have a strong belief in the importance of the animal experience. You’ll be part of the team that leads the everyday work of our animal care and enrichment initiatives and you are upbeat and enthusiastic, enjoy a challenge, and are excited to oversee the highest standard of care supporting our mission driven work. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Senior IT Support Specialist- As an Sr. IT Support Specialist, you will be a part of a small but strong IT team, augmented by support from technology vendors. Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV) invests in leading technology solutions to increase our mission impact. The IT Senior Support Specialist will assist with day-to-day helpdesk tickets as well as setting up, troubleshooting, and configuring Windows/MAC-based systems, peripheral equipment, and software. In addition, this individual will work closely with the IT Director and outside consultants to support network and server infrastructure. This self-motivated individual must be an effective communicator and team player who can provide exceptional technical support to end users, proactively solve problems and apply strong analytical skills. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Supervisor, Animal Adoptions- To help us achieve our goal of saving more lives, we’re looking for a Supervisor, Adoptions who is results driven, effective communicator, and highly customer focused. You’ll be part of the team that leads the everyday work of our Adoption Associates and drives successful programs to create memorable experiences for adopters. You are upbeat and enthusiastic, enjoy a challenge, and are as comfortable with overseeing day-to-day operations as you are supervising people. You have experience with cats, dogs, rabbits, and/or pocket pets and are passionate about finding them homes. Our supervisor team is comprised of three areas of focus: adoption experience, fast track animals (easier to place animals) and slow track animals (diamonds in the ruff, pocket pets, harder to place animals). Each focus is involved with staff, volunteers, and the public and works together to deliver on fun and exciting adoption promotions throughout the year. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Volunteer Program Business Partner- The Volunteer Programs Business Partner will be responsible for building cross-functional partnerships with Shelter Operations departments and volunteers. This individual will manage the volunteer needs for a portfolio of departments which includes defining volunteer roles, identifying priority volunteer opportunities, implementing associated recruitment plans and acting as a liaison to ensure the best volunteer experience possible. The Volunteer Programs Business Partner will identify and analyze metrics to provide meaningful information to departments across the organization. Volunteers are an important part of HSSV and this individual will demonstrate a working knowledge of volunteer best practices and delivering on ideas for optimization. This is a collaborative and consultative role, with the opportunity to shape our volunteer programs across the entire organization. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Dallas Pets Alive! - Dallas
- Assistant Vice President of Animal Operations- The Assistant Vice President of Animal Operations will plan, direct, coordinate and oversee all programs and processes at our new on site adoption location and support our life saving efforts within the Animal Operations team in a fast paced, exciting foster-based rescue environment. The position works closely with the VP of Animal Operations, Executive Director, and volunteers on all aspects of animal operations. Click here to learn more about our new location. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Gloucester-Mathews Humane Society - Gloucester
- Executive Director- Founded in 1912 the Gloucester-Mathews Humane Society “GMHS” is a private animal shelter in coastal Virginia. The shelter’s mission is to improve life for all animals by providing temporary shelter, compassionate care, community support and education. Serving as the face of the organization and as its primary spokesperson, the Executive Director leads GMHS in a manner that supports and guides its mission and vision. Though a primary focus is on fundraising, the role oversees all aspects of the organization –administration, finance, marketing, development and advocacy--and all programs, working closely with its Board of Directors. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Seattle Animal Shelter - Seattle
- Foster Program Coordinator- The Program Coordinator will be supporting and growing our existing foster program. Come join an amazing team of staff and volunteers in helping animals find homes! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions
*Best Friends does not provide any representations or guarantees regarding the entities listed on this page or their products or services. Best Friends is not liable or responsible for any problems, damages or costs of any kind that arise from engaging with these companies.