Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
- Network Partner Job Openings
- Professional Development Resources
- Best Friends Animal Society Internships
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here.
If you are not a network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Veterinary opportunities currently listed in:
General opportunities currently listed in:
Humane Society of Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Manager, Veterinary Services (Wellness and Preventative Medicine)- Want to make an impact in animal welfare? The Manager, Veterinary Services plays a key role that delivers world class medical services and programs encompassing animals in our shelter and community. Reporting to the Senior Director, Veterinary Services, the Manager, Veterinary Services, will manage a team of medical support staff, including RVTs, veterinary assistants, students, and volunteers, in our state-of-the-art facility providing the highest standard of care. This individual will have a focus on delivering new programs, driving productivity improvements, and identifying areas of opportunity and resource investments. The ideal candidate is passionate about operational excellence, takes a creative and innovative look towards challenges and excels in day-to-day operations. Prevention is key to protecting the health of animals in our care. The focus of this core service is managing the preventive care programs, which includes vaccination, microchipping and client education, for the main Peter Detkin and Michelle Oates Detkin Animal Care Center and the Wellness Wagon mobile program. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Veterinary Animal Care Assistant- Become a member of a high performing team providing the highest standard of care to animals in our state-of-the art medical center, which cares for over 7,000 homeless pets and performs over 8,800 surgeries each year. You will have an opportunity to work hands on with a wide variety of animals including dogs, cats, rabbits, rats, guinea pigs, and the occasional exotic pet. The Medical Animal Care Technician is an upbeat and enthusiastic team player focused on enhancing the lives of animals with a specific focus on the medical aspect of animal care. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Veterinary Assistant- We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant to care for and treat shelter and privately owned animals in our state-of-the art medical center, which cares for over 7,000 homeless pets and performs over 8,800 surgeries each year. Position works an alternative work week of 2-10 hour days. Work shifts may include duties in onsite spay/neuter/vaccine clinic, in-house shelter medicine, or mobile spay/neuter and wellness clinics. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Veterinary Technician- The City of Jacksonville is seeking a Veterinary Technician. This is technical work in the maintenance of kennel facilities to include: care and feeding of sheltered animals, clerical and customer support work, and proving support to veterinarians and veterinary technician supervisor in routine medical, surgical, and/or necropsy procedures. To be considered for this position you must apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
Animal Protective Foundation - Glenville
- Clinic Veterinary Assistant- The Animal Protective Foundation is a humane society providing services to Schenectady County and the greater Capital Region. Since 1931, the APF has held true to the mission of its founders. We have an open admission policy which ensures that animals are not turned away based on their breed, age, condition, or circumstance. We are also committed to supporting our team members by paying a living wage and pay 100% of the cost of health, dental, and vision insurance for individuals working 32 or more hours per week. We also offer generous paid vacation time, an employee assistance plan, and matching contributions to our 401(k) plan. The Clinic Veterinary Assistant is responsible for assisting in daily care of all spay and neuter clinic surgical patients, assisting doctors and veterinary technicians with pre-, peri-, and post-operative care of patients, cleaning, and training others to utilize our patient care protocols. Internally, the CVA works in coordination with APF Veterinarian, Clinic Manager, Clinic LVT and Clinic Client Services Manager. The CVA must be a professional, self-motivated, positive, goal oriented, and organized individual with excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills. Hours are Monday – Thursday from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Veterinarian- The Animal Protective Foundation (APF) is looking for a Licensed Veterinarian to join our team, working in a fast-paced and fun work environment. Enjoy a flexible schedule with no weekends or nights at a collaborative, team-oriented animal welfare organization. In addition to being one of the largest low-cost spay and neuter clinics in the Capital Region, APF provides veterinary care for hundreds of shelter animals each year. General include: perform quality sterilization surgery for both shelter and community animals at high volume standards; provide quality medical care to shelter animals and pets in foster care; and perform procedures and treatments based on ability including dentistry, soft tissue, ophthalmic, etc. We offer flexible scheduling and encourage strong life balance that doesn’t require working late nights, after hours, or weekends! We are open to both full- and part-time candidates. Several years of surgical experience are preferred, however recent graduates with a career interest in shelter veterinary medicine are encouraged to apply. APF provides a 401(k) with match as well as paid vacation and sick time. APF will also pay for License and/or DEA fees while employed. APF provides health, dental, and vision insurance for individuals working 32 or more hours per week at no cost. Schedule is flexible. Pay is $55 – $60 per hour. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Charlotte - Charlotte
- HQHV Spay/Neuter & Wellness Veterinarian- HSC is seeking talented veterinary professionals to provide HQHV Spay/Neuter surgeries and wellness care to the Charlotte community! Join us in our brand new, state of the art facility and make a difference in the lives of animals and their people. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Adoption Associate- Our Adoption Associates are essential members of the HSSV team who directly support our life-saving mission! We are looking for someone who is positive, community oriented, fun loving and motivated to match adopters with their next best friend. The right candidate for this role will have a consistent and genuinely positive attitude and is passionate about helping pets find loving homes. You thrive in a fast-past, team-oriented work environment where there is always something to do and have an extreme eye for detail and are able to accurately complete processes. No two adopters are alike, you treat everyone with respect and cater each adoption experience to the individual. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Community Services Associate- At the beginning of each animal’s story at HSSV, there is a member of the Community Services team working with the people attached to that animal. You’ll be working with people who have found stray animals, need to surrender their pet, lost their pet, need to euthanize their pet, have a spay/neuter/vaccine appointment, fosters, Pet Pantry customers, and just about everything in between. The Community Services Associate is a customer-centric role that plays a key part in HSSV operations and training is provided on safe and effective animal handling. This is a highly collaborative role requiring proactive communication within the team and coordination with multiple departments, as well as volunteers. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Controller- The Controller is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the operational accounting functions and manages the accumulation and consolidation of financial data necessary for accurate reporting of HSSV results. This individual will operate with a proactive, collaborative approach to anticipate organizational and project needs. The Controller will provide leadership to employees involved in the accounting process, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory and compliance. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Marketing Campaign Specialist- The Marketing Campaign Specialist will execute creative, engaging targeted marketing campaigns toward increasing leads, awareness, and engagement for key HSSV programs (from adoptions to medical services and more). These campaigns often span digital (web, social, email, search, etc.) and print (ads, flyers, billboards, etc.), and rely upon coordination with design and content resources, marketing automation, and CRM and website management. In support of achieving our strategic goals, this role will collaborate on cross-functional projects and act as daily manager of marketing metrics and associated campaign data tracking. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Payroll Specialist- The Payroll Specialist will be instrumental in managing the bi-weekly payroll process for over 125 employees. This individual will work closely with other accounting staff members, internal departments, and external parties. The successful candidate will have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Payroll Specialist plays a critical role in maintaining HSSV’s compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal wage and hour laws. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Pet Store Associate- Looking for a creative and fun way to jump in and build our Pet Store? Our Pet Store is an important part of the customer experience at HSSV and you can help make it happen! We believe it’s important to support adopting families with access to essential items for the first few days of going home. The Pet Store Associate will be a driver in merchandising, ordering, receiving, and handling inventory management. This is a highly collaborative role requiring strong customer service and communication skills with the Adoptions team as well as volunteers and the public. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Revenue Associate- As a privately funded organization, the Revenue Associate plays an important role in managing HSSV’s incoming donations. This individual will be part of the Finance team and will support the revenue and fundraising systems that drive our donor information. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Supervisor, Adoptions- To help us achieve our goal of saving more lives, we’re looking for a Supervisor, Adoptions who is results driven, effective communicator, and highly customer focused. You’ll be part of the team that leads the everyday work of our Adoption Associates and drives successful programs to create memorable experiences for adopters. You are upbeat and enthusiastic, enjoy a challenge, and are as comfortable with overseeing day-to-day operations as you are supervising people. You have experience with cats, dogs, rabbits, and/or pocket pets and are passionate about finding them homes. Our supervisor team is comprised of three areas of focus: adoption experience, fast track animals (easier to place animals) and slow track animals (diamonds in the ruff, pocket pets, harder to place animals). Each focus is involved with staff, volunteers, and the public and works together to deliver on fun and exciting adoption promotions throughout the year. This opportunity is focused on the adoption experience and pet store and requires someone with a strong desire and proven track record of delivering high quality customer service; retail background a plus. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Animal Behavior Coordinator- The City of Jacksonville is actively seeking an Animal Behavior Coordinator. This is technical work in the identification of behavior problems, evaluation of concerning behaviors and creation, implementation and execution of behavior modification and training protocol. To be considered for this position you must apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
Planned PEThood of Georgia - Duluth
- Executive Director- This high-level individual is responsible for the financial and reputational health of the organization, and for the effectiveness of each of its programs. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Tree House Humane Society - Chicago
- Behavior Specialist- Working cooperatively with the behavior committee and the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for assisting with evaluating feline temperament, documenting behavior assessments, behavior modifications and progress in the current pet management program. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Ruff Start Rescue - Princeton
- Director of Development- Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful career? A career that allows you to utilize your skills while saving the lives of countless animals? Ruff Start Rescue has a position for you. The Director of Development, a key member of Ruff Start Rescue’s leadership team, is responsible for envisioning and executing a comprehensive fundraising strategy that advances our mission, helps increase philanthropic support from donors, and drives our growth plan. This role focuses heavily on fundraising, program support, development, and diversifying revenue streams to maintain organizational goals and objectives. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Five Acres Animal Shelter - St. Charles
- Executive Director- The Executive Director of Five Acres Animal Shelter (FAAS) is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization in accordance with the direction set by the Board of Directors (Board). The Executive Director will lead all aspects of operations of the organization in accordance with board-approved bylaws and policies/procedures. This position directly supports the mission, goals, objectives, strategic plans, and future development of FAAS. The Executive Director serves as a liaison between the Board, the community, municipal partners, and the shelter staff. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
PawsWatch Community Cat Center - Johnston
- Operations Manager- If you love cats and have a strong desire to make a big impact, this is for you! This unique opportunity to help lead the only Spay Neuter organization in Rhode Island, in the expansion of their lifesaving mission for the cats of their community. The Operations Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations and decisions in all areas of a full-service cat center that supports the organization’s Trap, Neuter, Return, Maintain (TNRM) mission. They will provide the leadership, management, and vision through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the lifesaving mission and vision of PawsWatch. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
SPCA of Bradley County - Cleveland
- Animal Care Attendant- The animal Care Attendant is responsible for providing day to day care and enrichment for any animals residing at the Center. This position works closely with the public by providing assistance during adoptions, intake, phone call support, as well as emergency or after hours support to the Sheriff's Department. Animal Care Attendants work closely with the animals by walking, cleaning, feeding, medicating, and providing enrichment to them, this includes every type of animal being housed at SPCA of Bradley County. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions