Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our Network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
- Network Partner Job Openings
- Professional Development Resources
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our Network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here. If you are not a Network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Veterinary opportunities currently listed in:
General opportunities currently listed in:
Humane Society of Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Manager, Veterinary Services (Surgery)- Want to make an impact in animal welfare? The Manager, Veterinary Services plays a key role that delivers world class medical services and programs encompassing animals in our shelter and community. Reporting to the Senior Director, Veterinary Services, the Manager, Veterinary Services, will manage a team of medical support staff, including RVTs, veterinary assistants, students, and volunteers, in our state-of-the-art facility providing the highest standard of care. This individual will have a focus on delivering new programs, driving productivity improvements, and identifying areas of opportunity and resource investments. The ideal candidate is passionate about operational excellence, takes a creative and innovative look towards challenges and excels in day-to-day operations. HSSV performs 8,000 spays and neuters per year, and hundreds of orthopedic, soft tissue and oral surgeries. The focus for this core service area is managing the surgery for the main Peter Detkin and Michelle Oates Detkin Animal Care Center and the Wellness Wagon mobile program. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- RVT and Veterinary Assistants- We are looking for Registered Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants and to care for and treat shelter and privately owned animals in our state-of-the art medical center, which cares for over 7,000 homeless pets and performs over 8,800 surgeries each year. Positions are full-time, working an alternative work week of 4-10 hour days. Work shifts may include duties in onsite spay/neuter/vaccine clinic, in-house shelter medicine, or mobile spay/neuter and wellness clinics. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Humane Society - Jacksonville
- Veterinary Technicians Full-Time (Two Positions)- We need two Full-Time Veterinary Technicians. No experience is needed we will train. Starting pay ranges from $12 to $14 based on experience and skill level. Can be higher if qualified. Shifts: Full Time: 7 am – 4 pm, 8 am – 5 pm, 9 am – 6 pm, 10 am – 7 pm, 11 am -8 pm. Must be available to work during our customer-friendly hours and some weekends. Open holidays & availability is typically required. At JHS, our Vet Tech team’s day starts with medication distribution for the entire shelter; this includes taking care of critical patients. We are assigned technician responsibilities and focus our day on doing intake, diagnostic labs, assisting with surgeries, helping with foster pets, and working closely with our Doctors. In the evenings, we do evening meds and treatments, ensuring all animals have the medical care needed. We learn and grow through teamwork and help abandoned and orphaned shelter pets be healthy and ready for a loving home. We would love to review your application. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Planned PEThood of Georgia - Duluth
- Veterinarian- Opportunity abounds at Planned PEThood, with multiple DVM positions open to enable our growth. Spay/Neuter, Wellness, Rescue, Shelter Medicine- we need committed DVM's in all of these areas. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Ruff Start Rescue - Princeton
- Vetting Assistant- Have you always been interested in transforming your love for animals into a career? Join our team to get great hands-on experience! Provide examinations, patient care, and surgical services for animals belonging to Ruff Start Rescue. You’ll have access to a variety of learning and development opportunities along with hands-on learning providing an excellent opportunity to advance your career. Work alongside the DVM and certified technicians to provide treatments to the rescue animals based on their recommendations. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Rutland County Humane Society - Pittsford
- Animal Health Technician- RCHS is hiring an Animal Health Technician. This is a part time position that exists to provide routine health care to all shelter animals, monitor animal health and implement agreed upon protocols for management of illness and/or injury. Key responsibilities include: Ensure that all shelter animals receive routine health care, veterinary examinations and vaccinations according to protocols; Work with local veterinarians and implement treatment recommendations according to direction; Ensure accurate and timely data entry for medical treatments, medications and vaccinations; Monitor illness breakouts; Work with RCHS foster parents; and Other duties as requested, including animal care and cleaning. This part time position will be approximately 20-30 hours a week, depending on the number of animals in our care. A Tuesday through Saturday morning schedule is required. You can learn more about this opportunity by clicking here. Please e-mail your cover letter, including hourly rate desired, and resume to email@example.com. No calls or visits, please.
Humane Society of Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Animal Behavior Associate- The Animal Behavior Associate is responsible for assisting in overseeing internal behavior programs which affect our sheltered animals and participating in external programs which support the human-animal bond in our community. With enthusiasm and support for the team, volunteers and the public, this individual will follow established safety protocols and demonstrate a knowledge of HSSV policies regarding behavior and training, etc. While this opportunity will deal with many animals, we are looking for a candidate that has hands-on experience with cat behavior. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Executive Assistant/Campaign Manager- Share in our passion for animal welfare? We are looking for a dynamic individual to partner with HSSV’s President and Leadership Team. Collaboration, drive, ability to learn, and desire to make a difference are qualities for success in this role. You will provide executive administrative support to our President as well as be instrumental in supporting fundraising campaigns that will broaden HSSV’s reach and deepen our impact. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to become an ambassador for HSSV’s vision and mission work, interface with people at all levels (including board members) and quickly grow your skills and knowledge of animal welfare and philanthropy. We are a passionate team that believes that collaboration with one another is key to our success. While we have clear individual goals and responsibilities, we know that our best work is done by leveraging each other’s strengths and making sure to create opportunities for the work to be fun and creative. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Supervisor, Adoptions- To help us achieve our goal of saving more lives, we’re looking for supervisors who are results driven, effective communicators and highly customer focused. You’ll be part of the team that leads the everyday work of our Adoption Associates and drives successful programs to create memorable experiences for adopters. You are upbeat and enthusiastic, enjoy a challenge and are as comfortable with overseeing day-to-day operations as you are supervising people. You have experience with cats, dogs, rabbits and/or pocket pets, and are passionate about finding them homes. Our supervisor team is comprised of three areas of focus: Adoption Experience, Fast Track Animals (easier to place animals) and Slow Track Animals (diamonds in the ruff, pocket pets, harder to place animals). Each focus is involved with staff, volunteers and the public and works together to deliver on fun and exciting adoption promotions throughout the year. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Volunteer Programs Business Partner- The Volunteer Programs Business Partner will demonstrate strong leadership by identifying priority volunteer roles for HSSV, implementing a recruitment plan and managing relationships with volunteers (both student and adult). Volunteers are an important part of the organization and this individual will be instrumental in having a working knowledge of volunteer best practices and delivering on ideas for optimization. The Volunteer Programs Business Partner will leverage metrics to provide meaningful information to departments across the organization. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Humane Society - Jacksonville
- Adoptions Counselor (Full-Time)- We are searching for two motivated Adoptions Counselors. Join our team at Jacksonville Humane Society! We are dedicated to providing care, comfort, and compassion to animals in need while engaging the hearts, hands, and minds of our community to bring about an end to the killing of abandoned and orphaned shelter animals. We are a progressive, innovative animal welfare organization with a national reputation for setting the standard in lifesaving. Our mission serves pets and the people who love them. Entry-level positions do not require experience, and JHS provides training with an opportunity to grow. We are committed to supporting and empowering our people with a culture grounded in diversity, open-mindedness, prompt communication, trust, respect, and appreciation.
Starting Pay: $12.00 per hour and increases based upon experience and skill level. Shifts 12 pm – 8 pm weekdays & 9 am – 6 pm weekends. Weekend days required. Open holidays & availability is typically required. Must be available to work during our customer-friendly hours. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Animal Care & Enrichment Technician- We are searching for motivated Animal Care & Enrichment Technicians. Join our team at Jacksonville Humane Society! We are dedicated to providing care, comfort, and compassion to animals in need while engaging the hearts, hands, and minds of our community to bring about an end to the killing of abandoned and orphaned shelter animals. Must be available to work during our customer-friendly hours, including weekends. The ACE team focuses on cleaning, feeding, and socialization for the first part of the day. Socialization includes feeding, essential enrichment, assisting volunteers, cleaning kennels, getting pets ready for adoption, and walking dogs. One significant part of our morning is helping with playgroups, a fun and healthy way to allow shelter dogs to socialize. We also dedicated our day to helping shelter cats and kittens with enrichment as they need different stimulation and health considerations than dogs. In the afternoon, we usually spend our time on enrichment or help other JHS areas by assisting with medical rounds and adoptions. We learn and grow through teamwork and get to see abandoned and orphaned shelter pets find a loving home. We would love to review your application. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Pet Help Center Coordinator- We need a Pet Help Center Coordinator Full-Time. Shifts are full-time, totaling 40 hours weekly from 8:30 am-6:00 pm, or 9:00 am-6:30 pm on weekdays, typically 9:30-5:30 weekends. We are open holidays & availability is typically required. Must be available to work during our customer-friendly hours. At the Jacksonville Humane Society, our Pet Help Center team is responsible for providing options to the public who wish to relinquish pets while maintaining a positive and non-judgmental attitude and evaluate and process animals into the shelter system. Alongside the Senior Operations Manager, this role oversees the staff of the Pet Help Center department. The Pet Help Center Coordinator ensures a positive and welcoming atmosphere is maintained for the public who contact JHS to rehome a pet. Additionally, they work as part of the Pet Help Center team to provide options to the public to prevent unnecessary surrender of pets to the shelter. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in customer service, be friendly, warm, a multitasker, have a passion for helping, and be comfortable with difficult conversations and emotional stress. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Pet Help Center Counselor- If you are ready to make a change, start a meaningful career, are team-oriented, and have a passion for animals, we would like you to join our team! Starting pay is $13.00 per hour and increases based upon experience and skill level. Shifts: Part-time: totaling 28hrs per week with an option of three long days or four shorter days, can vary based on current department needs. Open holidays and availability is typically required. Must be available to work during our customer-friendly hours including one weekend day. At the Jacksonville Humane Society, our Pet Help Center team is responsible for providing options to the public who wish to relinquish pets while maintaining a positive and non-judgmental attitude and evaluating and processing animals into the shelter system. Our public interactions are a mix of in-person, over the phone, and email counseling regarding stray cats/dogs/kittens and help connect customers to solutions for keeping their pets. Weekends revolve around our community programs, such as the public food bank and animal transports. Occasionally we do transport animals to and from JHS and Assist with foster parent communications. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in customer service, be friendly, warm, a multitasker, have a passion for helping, and be comfortable with difficult conversations and emotional stress. We learn and grow through teamwork and help abandoned and orphaned shelter pets find a loving home. We would love to review your application. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Planned PEThood of Georgia - Duluth
- Executive Director- This high-level individual is responsible for the financial and reputational health of the organization, and for the effectiveness of each of its programs. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Medical Mutts Service Dogs - Indianapolis
- Kennel Manager & Service Dog Trainer- We're looking for a team leader to oversee the care and the training of our service dog candidates. Recognized internationally as a premier service dog provider, Medical Mutts Service Dogs' mission is to train homeless dogs as service dogs to help people with a disability. We strive to build successful partnerships between clients and dogs based on mutual care, respect, and love. Our high standards and our compassionate approach facilitate the deepest bond between the clients and their service dog and benefit both the dog and the person. We have an immediate opening for a full-time position as a Kennel Manager with experience in coaching people and working with dogs. Your job will include, but not limited to: Interview, hire, and train new kennel staff; Keep kennel staff informed of any special instructions for the day; Assist in all aspects of maintaining the dogs and the facility in good condition, which consists of the feeding of the dogs, cleaning the kennels, grooming, and providing medication when needed; Assist with training the dogs to the standards of the organization. If you don't have much training experience, we will teach you; and Monitor adherence to company policies and procedures. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Ruff Start Rescue - Princeton
- Director of Marketing and Development- The Director of Marketing & Development, a key member of Ruff Start Rescue’s leadership team, is responsible for envisioning and executing a comprehensive fundraising and communications strategy that advances our mission, helps increase philanthropic support from donors, and drives our growth plan. This role focuses heavily on fundraising, program support, development, and diversifying revenue streams to maintain organizational goals and objectives. This position is also responsible for supervising a team of three full-time staff and five part-time staff (with 4 direct reports) and ensuring that their tasks are being completed in a timely and efficient manner. This position will spearhead all aspects of the fund development program including general donations, corporate sponsorships, grants, major gifts, planned giving, recurring giving, special events, and merchandising. The Director of Marketing and Development will oversee external messaging for the organization, including social media, digital marketing, print materials, fundraising appeals. Additionally, the Marketing & Development department is responsible for the merchandise and all rescue events. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Las Vegas Valley Humane Society - Las Vegas
- Operations Manager- The Las Vegas Valley Humane Society is seeking an Operations Manager. The position is responsible for general operations of the organization. Responsibilities include making sure the office runs smoothly and managing the organization’s programs to be sure that they operate effectively and efficiently to maximize results and accomplish goals. The position also supports the board of directors in fundraising and outreach efforts. This is a leadership position that reports directly to the board of directors. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Nevada Humane Society - Reno
- Chief Operating Officer- If you are an animal welfare operations professional interested in expanding your impact by developing and supporting a shelter with regional influence, apply for the role of Chief Operating Officer with Nevada Humane Society. The Chief Operating Officer will use shelter data, assessments, and NHS strategic plan to review and assess programs and policies to bring organization to next level, synchronize operations across two facilities with different operational models, and motivate and support staff to maximize leadership potential and create animal welfare professionals. A successful hire will have experience utilizing assessments and metrics to identify areas for improvement and growth and skills for developing people to make change happen. They are highly engaged with and motivated to research animal welfare and are ready to optimize existing facilities and programs. They exemplify leadership by being able to step out of day-to-day directing and stepping into teaching and coaching. They want to create trust in and remove roadblocks for direct and indirect reports. They are energized by new techniques and feedback when collaborating with leadership, management, and external stakeholders. Finally, they know that positivity inspires positivity and are ready to share an optimistic vision of the future even in the face of the day-to-day challenges of animal welfare. If this sounds like the role you are looking for, please review the description, duties, and qualifications on our website—nevadahumanesociety.org/employment and apply or contact our HR Manager at 775-856-2000 ext. 338.
- Customer Service Coordinator- Join our talented team and put your people skills to work helping pet owners in our non-profit, high-quality veterinary clinic. The Customer Service Coordinator supervises the Customer Service Representatives and manages complex client cases, helping clients with financial arrangements and assistance programs. The coordinator works closely with and supports clinic management to ensure quality and compassionate customer service is delivered to clients. The Customer Service Coordinator will also perform a variety of tasks including ensuring prompt client communications by supporting customer service representatives when needed, identifying success stories to be shared with supporters, billing partner organizations and tracking payments, maintaining accurate records, and organizing special projects and processes. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Animal Lighthouse Rescue - New York
- Director of Operations- Animal Lighthouse Rescue is looking for a motivated, organized, and dedicated Director of Operations to run the day to day activities of the rescue as an independent contractor. The director of operations (“DO”) role has been developed to facilitate the transportation, foster, and adoption of dogs and cats brought from Puerto Rico and other locations by Animal Lighthouse Rescue. The DO will coordinate every aspect of this process from transportation planning, foster coordination, daily support of animals in our care, and see each pet through to adoption. The DO will also oversee events and promotional initiatives. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions