Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our Network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
- Network Partner Job Openings
- Professional Development Resources
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our Network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here. If you are not a Network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Veterinary opportunities currently listed in:
General opportunities currently listed in:
City of Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Part-Time Animal Placement Assistant- This is technical work in handling animal intake and adoptions through direct contact with animals of unknown origin and temperament. Open requirements include one year of education and/or experience in an animal field, medical field or customer service field. FL Class E Driver’s License is required prior to appointment and must be maintained. Must meet standards required to obtain a City of Jacksonville driver’s certification. To be considered for this position, you must submit an online application at www.coj.net/jobs.
Furkids Animal Shelter and Rescue - Cumming
- Veterinary Technician/Assistant- If you have a positive attitude, are a self-starter, love a teamwork culture, enjoy a fast pace environment and have a passion for shelter medicine, we would love to speak with you. Furkids is looking for an experienced veterinary technician to join our awesome medical team in our new, beautiful headquarters in Cumming (400N exit 12). We offer a highly competitive compensation package, health/dental benefits, retirement plan and paid time off. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Planned PEThood of Georgia - Duluth
- Veterinarian- Great opportunity to be part of our rapidly growing team! Planned PEThood's services include high-volume spay/neuter, rescue/adoptions, vaccine clinics, outreach to rural communities, and vet services at a municipal shelter. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule. Planned PEThood's mission statement is "Helping pets and the people who care for them by providing innovative programs and affordable services that SAVE LIVES." Contact us to find out more about these innovative programs and how you can be a part of this progressive, life-saving organization! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Michelson Found Animals - Los Angeles
- Senior Director, Programs- The Senior Director of Programs will lead the majority of MFA's programs by coaching, developing, and strategically moving each program forward toward our long term goals every day. This person will be a member of the senior team that will bring energy, ideas, efficiencies, and results to each program. They will also serve as a trusted thought partner and advisor to the CEO, partnering to advance organizational priorities and have input on what happens throughout the organization. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Administrative and Campaign Manager- The Administrative and Campaign Manager will provide senior level executive administrative support to our President as well as be instrumental in supporting fundraising plans and strategies that will broaden organizational reach and deepen HSSV impact. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to become an ambassador for HSSV’s vision and mission work, interface with all levels of senior management (including board members) and quickly grow their knowledge in animal welfare and philanthropy. Others with success in similar roles have experienced accelerated career growth into more senior roles. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Manager, Capacity and Animal Flow- As the manager of a six-person team you will play a key role in maximizing HSSV’s lifesaving capacity in not just our community, but also those of our partners’ communities throughout California. The team recruits and manages partner shelter relationships, coordinates and executes animal transports, manages the animal’s pathway through our shelter (including foster homes) and grows/maintains awesome relationships with our fosters. The goal of the position is to save as many animals as possible and decrease their length of stay in HSSV’s care. To that end, you will create and guide a foster strategy to expand our ability to help animals and minimize their length of stay with HSSV. This is a highly collaborative role, and the ideal candidate is outcome oriented, passionate about operational excellence and possesses strong leadership skills. The ability to be innovative, comfortable with driving change, and to work at both a strategic and operational level is essential. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Senior Accountant- Reporting to the Controller, the Sr. Accountant will be instrumental in driving financial and general accounting deliverables. This position will prepare financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities and other related financial activities. The Sr. Accountant works closely with other accounting staff members, internal departments and external parties. The successful candidate will have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Volunteer Programs Business Partner- The Volunteer Programs Business Partner will demonstrate strong leadership by identifying priority volunteer roles for HSSV, implementing a recruitment plan and managing relationships with volunteers (both student and adult). Volunteers are an important part of the organization and this individual will be instrumental in having a working knowledge of volunteer best practices and delivering on ideas for optimization. The Volunteer Programs Business Partner will leverage metrics to provide meaningful information to departments across the organization. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Humane Society - Jacksonville
- Animal Care & Enrichment Technician- We are searching for motivated Animal Care & Enrichment Technicians. Join our team at Jacksonville Humane Society! We are dedicated to providing care, comfort, and compassion to animals in need while engaging the hearts, hands, and minds of our community to bring about an end to the killing of abandoned and orphaned shelter animals. Must be available to work during our customer-friendly hours, including weekends. The ACE team focuses on cleaning, feeding, and socialization for the first part of the day. Socialization includes feeding, essential enrichment, assisting volunteers, cleaning kennels, getting pets ready for adoption, and walking dogs. One significant part of our morning is helping with playgroups, a fun and healthy way to allow shelter dogs to socialize. We also dedicated our day to helping shelter cats and kittens with enrichment as they need different stimulation and health considerations than dogs. In the afternoon, we usually spend our time on enrichment or help other JHS areas by assisting with medical rounds and adoptions. We learn and grow through teamwork and get to see abandoned and orphaned shelter pets find a loving home. We would love to review your application. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Lifeline Animal Project - Atlanta
- Placement Manager- LifeLine Animal Project is committed to ending the euthanasia of treatable, adoptable pets in metro Atlanta. We have an immediate opening for a Placement Manager at our county open-admission shelter. Responsible for supervising placement staff and the day to day operations of the Placement Department. Must have the expertise to correctly answer questions from staff on proper procedure and LifeLine mission. Handle situations with clients that are angry, step in to diffuse and rectify in the best interest of the animal. Provide back up to other departments and work closely with the kennel and clinic on animal health and behavior to ensure adoptability of animals in shelter. Responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
PAWS Atlanta - Decatur
- Animal Care Specialist- Our mission at PAWS Atlanta is to help pets and people. We are a passionate team of animal lovers that have dedicated our time and energy to rescuing homeless pets in Georgia. Our team is made up of Animal Care Specialists, Adoption Counselors, Veterinary Assistants, Administrative Employees, and a Veterinarian, and we are all determined to make our community a safer and better place for everyone living in it, including the cats and dogs. Animal Care Specialists are on the frontline of caring for our pets and ensuring that their stay at PAWS is as comfortable as possible, and that they are healthy and happy while they are with us. There is no doubt that this is an emotionally challenging job and that there will be a lot of physical work, but this job is incredibly rewarding. We go to bed at night knowing that we save hundreds of lives every year and help ensure that our community has access to low cost vaccines and monthly heartworm and flea preventatives, free pet food, and pet care information. We match pets with people who are looking for a friend, a support, a family member. It is a known fact that cats and dogs can improve the mental and physical health of the people they love and live with. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Planned PEThood of Georgia - Duluth
- Executive Director- Planned PEThood of Georgia (PPOG)’s Executive Director is primarily responsible for the financial and reputational health of the organization, and for the effectiveness of each of its programs. It is ultimately the responsibility of the Executive Director to ensure that PPOG’s veterinary patients, foster animals, and rescued pets receive the highest quality care from a well-trained and well-treated staff; that this care is provided in a safe, caring, and humane manner; that our individual clients and animal welfare community are provided with appropriate access to affordable care; and that all persons interacting with the organization are treated fairly and with respect. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Ellen M. Gifford Cat Shelter - Boston
- Shelter Director- This is a unique opportunity to lead the premier cat shelter in Boston, Massachusetts. You will work closely with a well-connected and committed Board of Directors, an experienced team of staff, and a dedicated group of volunteers. The Ellen M. Gifford Cat Shelter is committed to the wellbeing of cats, providing excellent care and finding them loving homes in the Boston area. If you have a passion for cats and a track record of successful leadership, we invite you to apply for this position. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Charlotte - Charlotte
- Director of Education- The Humane Society of Charlotte is seeking applicants for our Director of Education role. Our education program provides learning and growth opportunities for children, adults, and other animal welfare professionals. You'll lead the way in developing and providing direction for these and any new initiatives in support of HSC's mission! To thrive in this role, previous animal welfare experience, a Bachelor's degree, and knowledge of NC State Educational Standards will be incredibly helpful, but are not required. Program Management experience is a must, and experience in Education and/or Animal Welfare are a big plus! Of course, enthusiasm for the mission of HSC is a must! We not only offer a competitive salary range, but also a comprehensive benefits package for Full-Time staff. HSC is in the process of building a brand new Animal Resource Center just minutes away from our current shelter, and we are set to move in early 2022. We're thrilled to soon have more updated facilities and be able to offer more comprehensive services to our community. This is an incredibly exciting time to join our team! Come join our team of amazing professionals that are truly making a difference in the lives of animals and families in our community. Visit our website, www.humanecharlotte.org, for a detailed job description as well as additional information on our organization.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions