Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.*
- Network Partner Job Openings
- Professional Development Resources
- Best Friends Animal Society Internships
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here.
If you are not a network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Veterinary opportunities currently listed in:
General opportunities currently listed in:
- Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Vermont
Humane Society Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Staff Veterinarian- Are you eager to dive into expanding access to veterinary care and be a part of purpose-driven work? If so, this could be the role for you! We are looking for energetic Staff Veterinarians that want to be part of building our community presence: full-time, part-time, and relief opportunities available. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Staff Veterinarian - Part-Time- We are seeking an energetic and experienced Staff Veterinarian to join our shelter medical team. This role has the opportunity to impact HSSV’s mission in a variety of ways through high quality, high volume spay/neuter (HQHVSN) and wellness clinics leveraging our brand new 34’ LaBoit spay/neuter vehicle, with additional duties being onsite at our Animal Community Center. The Staff Veterinarian will have the opportunity to work with different teams while providing top notch care to animals. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Charlotte - Charlotte
- Director of Clinic Services- The Humane Society of Charlotte seeks an experienced Director of Clinic Services who will be goal-driven, an expert at leading a high performing team of veterinarians, medical support staff & volunteers, and who will bring positive energy and humor to the workplace. The Director of Clinic Services is a member of the leadership team, working closely with the COO to contribute to HSC as it provides accessible and high-quality veterinary care to under-served communities in Charlotte working in-line with HSC annual budget and in cooperation with other agency programs and departments. The Director organizes, plans, manages, and oversees all aspects of the Clinic Services operation ensuring productivity, licensing, regulatory compliance, quality of care, equipment maintenance, and strategic goals are met in the state-of the-art, spay neuter and wellness clinic. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Animal Care Technician- Animal Care Technicians provide essential daily care for animals impounded at the Bryant Animal Shelter and clean and maintain the shelter building. They also perform adoption, owner reclaim and other administrative functions including, but not limited to: answering phones, assisting shelter visitors, conducting off-site adoptions, administering medications to pets, communicating with fosterers, adopters and pet owners. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Pet Allies - Show Low
- Executive Director- In charge of the operations of the organization, Pet Allies, animal shelter. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
FieldHaven Feline Center- Lincoln
- Executive Director- Join the dynamic team at FieldHaven Feline Center, a highly progressive nonprofit organization dedicated to finding humane, lifesaving solutions for every cat in need. They are located on a stunning 10-acre horse ranch in beautiful rural Lincoln, California. This is a unique opportunity to lead a dynamic nonprofit rescue. You will work closely with a well-connected and committed Board of Directors, a visionary founder who is ready to hand over the reins to a new leader, along with a dedicated staff and a passionate team of volunteers, to expand their lifesaving work. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the organization's consistent achievement of its mission. This includes leading and managing the team, ensuring sound planning, fundraising, implementation of best practices, and the delivery of quality services and animal care. The primary focus is to achieve lifesaving goals and meet fundraising objectives to ensure the organization’s sustainability. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and a deep commitment to the mission of FieldHaven, and substantial experience that includes demonstrated past successes in leadership and fundraising, preferably in the animal welfare industry. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Animal Care and Enrichment Technician- The Animal Care and Enrichment Technician is an upbeat and enthusiastic team player focused on enhancing the lives of animals and people through maintaining exemplary standards of care for animals in our care. Immediate opening for a full-time position, 40 hours/week, flexibility in scheduling is desirable. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Facilities Maintenance Technician- This position is responsible for maintaining HSSV’s building options as directed and to provide the highest level of service to the organization. The Facilities Department is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Facilities Maintenance Technician who is passionate about creating personable experiences and life-long memories. All employees are responsible for providing consideration and courtesy to all members of the public, volunteers, and coworkers, and consistently demonstrate a positive and professional attitude. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Supervisor Animal Care and Enrichment- To help us achieve our goal of saving more lives and supporting the physical, emotional and social needs of the animals, we’re looking for supervisors who are results driven, effective communicators and highly empathetic to people and to animals. You’ll be part of the team that leads the everyday work of our Animal Care Technicians and drives successful programs to create the best possible experiences for the animals. You are upbeat and enthusiastic, enjoy a challenge and are as comfortable with overseeing day-to-day operations as you are supervising people. Our supervisor team is comprised of two individuals, each with a unique focus: Incoming (ensuring the shelter is prepared for incoming animals by making sure housing is prepared, learning their needs, and lining up the right support) and Outgoing (maintaining herd health, reducing stress, and helping our Adoptions team know about each animal). The supervisor team collaborates on developing staff and volunteers to deliver on ambitious programs and goals.You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Volunteer Programs Business Partner- The Volunteer Programs Business Partner will be responsible for building cross-functional partnerships with Shelter Operations departments and volunteers. This individual will manage the volunteer needs for a portfolio of departments which includes defining volunteer roles, identifying priority volunteer opportunities, implementing associated recruitment plans and acting as a liaison to ensure the best volunteer experience possible. The Volunteer Programs Business Partner will identify and analyze metrics to provide meaningful information to departments across the organization. Volunteers are an important part of HSSV and this individual will demonstrate a working knowledge of volunteer best practices and delivering on ideas for optimization. This is a collaborative and consultative role, with the opportunity to shape our volunteer programs across the entire organization. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Various Job Openings- The City of Jacksonville’s Animal Care and Protective Services Division is actively recruiting to fill openings at the animal shelter. The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. The City of Jacksonville also has part-time positions that may include some benefits. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Jacksonville Humane Society - Jacksonville
- Pet Help Center Manager- Are you searching for a position where you can make a difference in the lives of the community and their pets? Are you a problem-solver who values teamwork, and finds joy in helping others? Then our Pet Help Center Manager position might be the perfect role for you! As the Pet Help Center (PHC) Manager, you will have the opportunity to engage with members of our community by fostering a safe and non-judgmental environment in which PHC Counselors help owners find solutions for pet-related issues, assist members of the public to help reunite lost pets, and perform other lifesaving work. This position isn’t for everyone. It can be loud, messy, and sometimes stressful. But if making a significant difference in the lives of your community and shelter pets is something you’re passionate about, this might be the most fulfilling job you’ve ever had! This position oversees our PHC Counselors. They are the heart of animal retention, helping keep families stay together, reuniting lost pets, and strengthening the human/animal bond by offering resources they may need in order to do so. A normal day for a PHC Counselor consists of a mix of in person, over the phone, and email counselling regarding stray cats/dogs/kittens as well as helping connect community members to solutions for problems with keeping their pet. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Lake County Animal Shelter - Tavares
- Animal Care Technician- Performs technical and clerical duties in support of the daily operations of the Animal Shelter Division. Responsible for maintaining daily shelter operations, cleaning, grooming, feeding, washing and caring for lost/impounded animals and performing related tasks as assigned. May be required to assist with emergency support functions in the event of a declared emergency and/or any other emergency duties as assigned. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Ruff Start Rescue - Princeton
- Grants & Development Specialist- Are you looking for a career that allows you to utilize your skills while saving the lives of countless animals? Ruff Start Rescue has a position for you. In partnership with the Development Director), the Development & Grants Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and executing the overall strategy of fundraising, communication, special events, public relations, and donor engagement. Activities to ensure success include executing continuous donor engagement and communication strategies, identifying and securing sponsorships, and supporting a robust foundation grant revenue pipeline. This position will work closely with the Development Director, the Executive Director, the board, and external committees to successfully implement and execute fundraising strategies, events, and marketing efforts. Some evening and weekend commitments are required. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Asheville Humane Society - Asheville
- Director of Operations- The Director of Operations is responsible for directing and improving the operation of the Buncombe County Animal Shelter and the Asheville Humane Society Adoption Center. The Director of Operations oversees the Managers of our Admitting, Animal Care, Behavior, Volunteer, and Adoptions programs. Our Director of Operations is responsible for animal placement and pathways, facilities and maintenance, operations personnel, various contracts, and compliance with NC statutes and AHS procedures and protocols. The Director of Operations cooperates with the Executive Director to oversee the relationship with Buncombe County concerning our Sheltering and Spay/Neuter contracts and our relationships with city and county animal control. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Animal Care Sanctuary - East Smithfield
- Executive Director- Managing the team, ensuring sound planning, donor relationship management, fundraising, implementation of best practices, and the delivery of quality veterinary services and animal care. The primary focus is to achieve lifesaving goals and meet fundraising objectives to ensure the organization’s sustainability. The ideal candidate must possess the operational and fundraising background to continue to develop Animal Care Sanctuary’s rising national profile. This position requires strong supervisory experience as well as demonstrated past successes in leadership, donor relationship management and fundraising. Candidates without this skill set need not apply. To Apply contact Terri.
Morris Animal Refuge - Philadelphia
- Full Time Animal Care Attendant- The Animal Care Attendant (ACA) is a vital member of the MAR team who provides compassionate and attentive care of all the animals under the shelter’s care. The ACA maintains a clean and healthy environment for both the animals and the public. The ACA is also critical in assisting both staff and members of the public by facilitating adoption meets and placements, processing and performing intake assessments and exams for newly arrived animals, and other duties as assigned. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Darlington County Humane Society - Darlington County
- Animal Shelter Associate Manager- The Animal Shelter Associate Manager will work closely with the Shelter Manager to understand Darlington County Animal Shelter operations and be trained to perform the duties Shelter Manager upon successful evaluation and promotion. If you are passionate about animal welfare and have experience in managing an animal shelter, we would love to hear from you. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Rutland County Humane Society - Pittsford
- Development Director- The Development Director is responsible for stewardship and donor relations, annual giving, corporate and foundation support and planned giving. This role is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive advancement plan for the agency. It will develop a strategy to build awareness, engagement and giving in support of the Rutland County Humane Society. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions
*Best Friends does not provide any representations or guarantees regarding the entities listed on this page or their products or services. Best Friends is not liable or responsible for any problems, damages or costs of any kind that arise from engaging with these companies.