The Human Connection: save more lives by building stronger relationships in communities
How can animal control and community organizing can build sustainable change? Watch this in-depth conversation between Scott Giacoppo (director of national municipal and shelter support) and Kenny Lamberti (director of grassroots advocacy) as they examine the why and how behind relationship centered connections.
- ACOs work in the street day in and day out, how can they help to build and strengthen the number of advocates (action team) for their shelter? 0:27:42
- Any advice on how to establish community connections right now when we can't necessarily get out in gatherings and face-to-face with community members? 0:41:36
- If someone is from a community where community supported work for animals isn't the norm or even considered, how should an advocate approach them? What are some tactics to get started? 0:47:11
- Do you have any recommendations for partnering with Human Service realm to find holistic approaches to keeping more pets with their families? 0:52:30
VIDEOS, WEBINARS, & PODCAST
- Best Friends Town Halls
- Best Friends Podcast
- Episode 36: To Save Them All, We Must Reach Them All - Kenny Lamberti
- Episode 33: Access to Care - Shannon Glen
DOWNLOADABLE PDFs, PLAYBOOKS, & SOPs
- Best Friends Humane Animal Control Manual
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & INFORMATION
If you enjoyed this town hall, you can find our complete catalog of town halls here.