Best Friends National Adoption Weekend
Best Friends National Adoption Weekend is a network partner exclusive event created to help organizations like yours adopt out more animals. Participating partners have access to a robust marketing toolkit, national exposure on the Best Friends website and social channels, local and national press releases, as well as stipends for every animal adopted.
What: Best Friends National Adoption Weekend
When: December 9-11, 2022
Details: Participating network partners will receive a stipend for every animal adopted during the event - $25 per cat and $50 per dog.
Registration deadlines are as follows:
- November 21 – Deadline to apply to become a Best Friends Network Partner if you are not already an approved partner. Find out more information about becoming a network partner or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. If you are unsure if your organization is a network partner, you can check here.
- December 5 – Deadline to register to participate in the event.
- December 16 – Deadline to submit event report in order to receive stipends.
Registration is now closed.
Want to make sure you are first to be notified about similar events in the future? Opt-in to our emails
September 3-day event results in over 11,000 animals adopted
Highlights from the September event include:
- 11,420 animals were adopted (15% increase over July event)
- 662 network partners participated (66% returning participants)
- 64% of participating partners chose to reduce or waive their adoption fees
- $300,000 was spent on paid digital advertising in participating partners’ communities, resulting in over 39 million impressions total (7.8 million impressions specifically for Spanish ads)
- $409,550 in stipends was distributed directly to participating partners
- Participating partners reported that the exposure from the event and reducing/waiving their adoption fees resulted in adoptions for animals that have been overlooked for months
Nearly 10,000 animals adopted and $700,000 in adoption stipends distributed during the July event
Below are some highlights from the most recent 3-day event:
- 9,919 animals were adopted
- 589 network partners participated
- 73% increase in total adoptions over the same 3 day period last year (89% increase for dogs specifically)
- 73% of network partners chose to reduce or waive their adoption fees
- $300,000 was spent on paid digital advertising in participating partners’ communities, resulting in over 40 million impressions
- Many participating partners noted that the event promotion brought in new adopters which helped them find homes for long-time and harder-to-place pets
Check out the program spotlight, Second National Adoption Weekend results in nearly 10,000 animals finding new homes, for more results from this event.
Over $178,000 distributed to participating network partners during National Adoption Weekend in May
During the 3 day event, participating partners saw huge success:
- 4,529 dogs and cats were adopted
- There was a 96% increase in adoptions over the same 3 day period last year
- 74% of groups reduced or waived their fees
- Many partners adopted out longtime residents and animals who had been overlooked
Check out the program spotlight, Best Friends National Adoption Weekend – Take Two!, for more about the results of this event.