Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our Network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our Network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here. If you are not a Network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Humane Society of Southern Arizona - Tucson
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)- The Humane Society of Southern Arizona is searching for a CFO who has worked in the nonprofit sector, is entrepreneurial in spirit and holds the fiscal leadership experience that will support our strategic growth goals while strengthening our mission to serve pets and the people who love them. The CFO, a key member of the executive team, leads all financial, accounting, and human resource functions for the $8 Million USD organization based in Tucson, Arizona. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Chula Vista Animal Care Facility - Chula Vista
- Director of Animal Services- The City of Chula Vista is seeking a highly motivated Director of Animal Services to oversee operations of the Chula Vista Animal Care Facility including animal care and adoptions, facility maintenance, contract services, field operations, administration, public education and marketing programs. For more information or to apply online, please visit the City’s website, www.chulavistaca.gov. Apply by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 16, 2021.
Humane Society of Silicon Valley - Milpitas
- Development Manager- We are seeking a dynamic Development Manager to join our team. This individual will report into the Director of Development Initiatives and will be responsible for overseeing growth of the mid-level donor market ($500-$999) and President’s Circle (between $1,000 - $9,999), providing both strategy and execution of the stewardship, events and communications for the entire President’s Circle/Visionaries Circle. The Development Manager will also own a small portfolio of higher net-worth individuals who are in the President’s Circle or Visionaries Circle. Success will be reached by growing the total number of donors in the President’s Circle, with a percentage of donors moving into new levels of giving, and by increasing retention year over year. This role will also participate in any activity or effort involving pre-mid-level donor segment (those who give between $500 - $999) to drive the pipeline for the President’s Circle. This is an exceptional opportunity to manage the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process and events and to become the liaison for President’s Circle benefits fulfillment, while working cross-functionally to inspire participation and excitement about HSSV’S mission. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Direct Marketing Program Manager- We’re looking for someone who is passionate about our mission, and excited to share our compelling story with our community, sparking their desire to contribute. The Direct Marketing Program Manager will execute and analyze creative, engaging, goal-driven direct marketing campaigns in concert with internal teams and our third party direct marketing partners. Focusing primarily on growing our donor base, you will be responsible for ensuring our direct marketing program has a great return on investment, embraces a culture of testing and experimentation, and that internal processes are smooth and efficient. You will be the daily project, relationship and budget manager with our external partners. You will drive the collection and analysis of metrics, making recommendations towards achieving our strategic goals. Your partnership and coordination with development, as well as colleagues in the marketing team and our vendors, will be critical to success. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Pets in Need - Palo Alto
- Animal Care Technician- Under the supervision of the Shelter Operations Manager and the Animal Kennel Manager, the Animal Care Technician is responsible for providing infrastructure support for Pets In Need's rescue and adoption efforts. This position will provide the daily care of Pets In Need's animals, including but not limited to, feeding, cleaning, medicating, exercising, and enriching the shelter animals while following all proper handling protocols. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Outreach Coordinator- Under the direction of the Outreach Manager, the Outreach Coordinator aids in the development and integration of community outreach programs at Pets In Need. The Outreach Coordinator provides administrative support, guidance and hands-on education to volunteers and community members, and promotes Pets In Need’s no-kill mission and progressive animal retention techniques. This position collaborates with all Pets In Need staff to ensure the highest standards in community-based animal support services. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Pets in Need - Redwood City
- Assistant Behavior Specialist- Under the supervision of the Behavior Manager and the Behavior Specialist, the Assistant Behavior Specialist is responsible to ensure stress reduction for animals and make recommendations for animals showing signs of kennel stress. This position coordinates daily enrichments activities, maintains documentation to measure effectiveness, and monitors supplies and serves as a mentor and resource for staff, fosters, and volunteers. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
City of Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Part-Time Animal Care Assistant- This is service maintenance work in maintenance of kennel facilities; care and feeding of sheltered animals; and performance of related clerical and customer support work. This is a part-time position working 25 hours per week. Requirements include: Ability to read and write English; Euthanasia Technician Certification is required to be obtained during probation period and must be maintained throughout employment; FL Class E Driver's License is required and must be maintained; and City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification is required and must be maintained. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Part-Time Veterinary Assistant- The City of Jacksonville, FL is actively seeking a Part-Time Veterinary Assistant. This is technical work in handling animal intake and adoptions through direct contact with animals of unknown origin and temperament. To be considered for this position, you must submit an online application at www.coj.net/jobs.
- Veterinary Technician- This is technical work in the maintenance of kennel facilities to include: care and feeding of sheltered animals, performance of related clerical and customer support work, providing support to veterinarians and veterinary technician supervisor in routine medical, surgical, and/or necropsy procedures. To be considered for this position, please apply at www.coj.net/jobs.
Jacksonville Humane Society - Jacksonville
- Community Partnerships Manager- The Jacksonville Humane Society is looking for a driven individual passionate about animal welfare to join our Development department as a key teammate for Florida Leaders in Lifesaving (FLiL). The purpose of FLiL is to unite Florida’s shelters and clinics in a statewide mission to save the lives of dogs and cats in shelters. Currently, Florida ranks 46 out of 50 when it comes to saving lives. If you dream of a day when Florida serves as a lifesaving leader in the nation, we encourage you to apply. Your day-to-day work is part of a long-term goal to save the lives of dogs and cats in Florida’s shelters while also supporting pets and people in our own backyard. In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Community Partnerships to develop relationships and foster mentorships between animal welfare organizations across the state. This includes facilitating training at JHS and providing training on location throughout Florida. Your work will also include supporting content creation, assisting with website maintenance, tracking and analyzing data, and facilitating onboarding for new members. As a development team member, you will have the opportunity to work with the Development Director to recruit and retain corporate sponsors for JHS. Additionally, you will build relationships with community organizations to fulfill the JHS mission while promoting and expanding diversity, equity, and inclusion in animal welfare and veterinary science. This also involves assisting with the JHS grant program, including research, proposals, fulfillments, and acknowledgments. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Veterinarian- JHS is a progressive, innovative animal welfare organization with a national reputation for setting the standard in lifesaving. Our mission serves pets and the people who love them. In addition to offering pet adoption, resources to pet parents, and affordable veterinary care, JHS offers myriad public programs aimed at promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the fields of animal welfare and veterinary science. A day in the life of a JHS Veterinarian: At the Jacksonville Humane Society, our amazing medical team works hard to provide cutting-edge care for animals in the shelter and our community. Our doctors are integral in driving this team every day and creating and implementing protocols for staff to follow to ensure the highest level of care is provided for every patient that passes through our doors. Being a leader in lifesaving across the country, we at JHS are fortunate to have a platform to share our expertise with others. Through Florida Leaders in Lifesaving (FLiL), JHS’ Lifesaving University, and our veterinary assistant internship program with Frank H. Peterson High School, our doctors have the opportunity to positively impact animals and communities far beyond the city of Jacksonville. This is a very exciting time for the Jacksonville Humane Society and a great time to join our team of energetic, compassionate, hard-working lifesavers! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions - Las Vegas
- Executive Director- The Executive Director of Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions (Homeward Bound) is responsible for overseeing the organization's consistent achievement of its vision, mission, and financial objectives. This includes taking responsibility for planning, organizing, and supervising all aspects of Homeward Bound operations, overseeing the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the long-term growth and success of the organization, and ensuring high-quality animal care while increasing pet adoptions and spay/neuter for cats. You can learn more about this opportunity by clicking here. If you are interested in apply, email your one-page cover letter and resume to: The Homeward Bound Search Committee c/o Diane Blankenburg of Humane Network at firstname.lastname@example.org. Acknowledgement will be emailed upon receipt of your cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applications received after August 15, 2021 may not be considered.
- Foster and Intake Manager- The purpose of the Foster and Intake Manager role is to oversee all the functions of the foster and intake program and promote HBCA’s life saving mission. This includes supervision and training of all foster and intake volunteers. It is important to ensure the foster care providers have the support, tools and information they need in order to make each animal successful in their foster home. It is important to follow best intake practices and keep a steady population at our Adoption Center. This position is a full-time position that requires a flexible, non-regular work week with the flexibility to work weekends. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
The Animal Foundation - Las Vegas
- Animal Care Manager- Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing all animal care-related functions, including feeding, watering, cleaning, moving, providing enrichment/socialization, and observing/reporting animals’ physical and mental wellbeing in accordance with the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare. Oversees assigned team members and ensures the effectiveness of department operations. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Network - Reno
- LVT/Licensed Veterinary Nurse- The Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) assists veterinarians in providing medical care and treatment for animals, and exceptional customer service to clients, record-keeping, and other activities related to the smooth operations of the clinic. Options Veterinary Care is a program of Humane Network, a Reno-based non-profit organization. Job requirements include: must be a Licensed Veterinary Technician licensed or Technician-in-Training in Nevada; two or more years of experience preferred; high school diploma required, additional education a plus; Location: Live in greater Reno/Sparks, Nevada area or willing to relocate; and able to work with and around animals. You can learn more about this opportunity by clicking here. To apply, send a one-page cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
Jersey Shore Animal Center - Brick
- Veterinarian-Shelter, Spay/Neuter & Wellness Clinic- Jersey Shore Animal Center, Brick NJ, Shelter Veterinarian, Spay/Neuter & Wellness Clinic. We are celebrating 40 years of changing lives! We are a small private Shelter doing big things! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Animal Protective Foundation - Glenville
- Executive Director- The Animal Protective Foundation in Glenville, New York, is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Animal Protective Foundation (APF). They serve as the key spokesperson and a visible leader who demonstrates a passion for the mission of the APF. The candidate should be a strategic, knowledgeable and innovative leader, who can connect the goals of the Board of Directors with the day to day needs of the employees/volunteers, animals, and the communities the APF serves. You can learn more about this opportunity by clicking here. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Muddy Paws Rescue - New York
- Volunteer Program Manager- Working in collaboration with coworkers and volunteers, the Volunteer Program Manager provides leadership in the planning, execution, and evaluation of MPR adoption events, special events, and the volunteer program. This leader must exemplify our Muddy Paws values of being Positive, Welcoming, Supportive, and Responsive, as well as support the removal of barriers in the adoption process to make adoption accessible for all. The Volunteer Program Manager will be a take-charge, animal loving professional capable of working efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced team environment, taking direction from the Director of Programs, and taking full ownership of assigned projects through to successful completion. Must demonstrate positive energy and great flexibility, have a pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment, be able to anticipate project needs, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and expertly navigate challenges. The Volunteer Program Manager’s schedule will vary and will require in-person work in addition to weekend and evening shifts. This is a full-time salaried exempt position and includes a generous health benefits package. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Oklahoma City Animal Welfare - Oklahoma City
- Veterinarian (Part-time)- Overseeing the health and care of animals in the facility; coordinating professional and technical veterinary staff functions, training, and work activities; providing preventative, diagnostic and medical treatment and surgeries for impounded, quarantined, foster, sick and/or injured domestic, exotic or wild animals and livestock; performing emergency care and surgeries; assisting with animal cruelty situations to include performing cruelty examinations and traveling to testify in court; administering the ongoing animal health care and spay/neuter programs; assisting with the development of animal care protocols; overseeing euthanasia protocols and practices; serving as consultant for animal welfare staff; and providing direct supervision to laboratory personnel engaged in animal treatment work activities and other staff as assigned. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Raleigh County - Beckley
- Executive Director- The Humane Society of Raleigh County, located in Beckley, WV, is seeking an Executive Director. We are a private non-profit 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to save the lives of cats and dogs in Raleigh County by providing shelter, veterinary care, behavioral support, adoption and foster services. The Executive Director is responsible for managing and developing the organization, the oversight, program development, an accountability for best practices over all operational areas of a full service animal shelter, including intake, behavior, animal care, foster care, adoptions and partnerships with other animal welfare organizations to provide the necessary infrastructure to achieve HSRC'S mission. The Executive Director provides high level coordination across all program service areas to provide a quality of care and service that matches the HSRC mission. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions