Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our Network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our Network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here. If you are not a Network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Heaven on Earth - North Hollywood
- Cat Caregiver- Founded in 2000, Heaven on Earth began with humble beginnings. To this day, the mission of Heaven on Earth remains consistent: to transform the lives of homeless cats through rescue, sanctuary, and new beginnings. We fulfill our mission through our many life-saving programs; by rescuing cats and kittens from Los Angeles City and County shelters; by providing expert medical care, socialization, and enrichment to each cat that enters our care; by placing cats and kittens into loving homes through our flourishing adoption and foster programs; by providing low-cost surgeries and other vital medical services to companion cats and dogs at our Heaven on Earth Animal Clinic, located within the West Valley shelter; by providing free transportation and trapping assistance for community and companion cats in the San Fernando Valley through our SpayShip Program. Perry’s Place is our no-kill adoption center and sanctuary. Cats who are with us short-term awaiting adoption, as well as longer-term residents all receive high-quality care at our North Hollywood location. This position is responsible for the daily feeding and medicating of cats and kittens in our care as well as cleaning animal housing areas at Perry’s Place. This position is also responsible for performing routine medical and animal care, overseeing volunteers, and performing other related tasks as needed. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Assistant Shelter Manager- The primary responsibility of the Assistant Manager is to provide administrative support to the shelter director to ensure efficient operation of the shelter. Under the supervision of the shelter director performs a variety of tasks related to the organization. Oversees the volunteer program and collaboratively assesses PAWS needs for volunteers to develop recruitment strategies. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email. Ensures all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality in a timely manner. The assistant manager will rely on experience and judgment to help plan and accomplish shelter goals. In the absence of the shelter director the assistant manager assumes responsibilities for shelter staff and shelter operations. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Shelter Director- Animal Welfare and Protection Society of Pueblo is seeking an individual with leadership experience to lead a private, limited admission, no-kill shelter - PAWS for Life. The Shelter Director leads and orchestrates the organization with direct responsibility of animal welfare programs, administration and staff, financial and budgetary performance, all internal and external programs, marketing and fundraising, and strategic planning. The position reports to the Board of Directors and has direct supervision and accountability of shelter staff. This position requires strong leadership in all internal and external programs which aligns with the shelter’s strategic mission and goals. Position manages 8-12 employees. Relocation package of up to $2500 may be available. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League - West Palm Beach
- Associate Director of Medical Services- Are you ready to directly impact the lifesaving of thousands of animals, work with a mission-driven team in a state-of-the-art facility, and know you’re making a difference every day? Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is hiring for our Associate Director of Medical Services position. We’re looking for a highly skilled, licensed DVM with strong organizational and leadership skills, and demonstrated experience in a shelter medicine environment. The Associate Director of Medical Services is responsible for working alongside the Director of Medical Services in providing guidance and leadership to department staff and veterinarians. The Associate Director of Medical Services will act as lead shelter veterinarian and provide direct oversight to shelter medical operations and staffing. At the direction of the Director of Medical Services, the Associate Director of Medical Services will also provide oversight to all other aspects of the Medical Services department, including Wellness Clinic and Surgery and may act as a proxy to provide decision-making across the Medical Services department in conjunction with or the absence of the Director of Medical Services. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
LifeLine Animal Project - Atlanta
- Animal Care Manager- Responsible for managing kennel operations. Supervise and train Kennel staff. Create Kennel policies and standard operating procedures. Ensure the humane care of all animals at the shelter. Provide care, enrichment, and comfort to animals. Oversee humane euthanasia of animals when needed. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Dog Foster Coordinator- Responsible for coordinating the Foster Care Program. Recruit foster volunteers. Teach feeding and care techniques to foster volunteers. Conduct home visits. Maintain database of foster information and produce reports as needed. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Clayton County Humane Society - Jonesboro
- Kennel Staff- We are looking for a strong, able-bodied person to join our shelter team. Duties include maintenance of our dog kennels, feeding and watering of the dogs, yard rotation for the dogs and administration of morning and evening medications. This position will supervise court-ordered community service workers. On occasion this person will need to assist with cat duties, do veterinary drop offs or pick-ups and, about once a month, transport multiple animals to our monthly spay-neuter appointment. Work days will be every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and every other Saturday and Sunday. Our new team member needs to be dependable, punctual, flexible, friendly, hardworking and a team player. Anyone interested in this position should contact us via email at: email@example.com. Please email us with your contact information or any questions you might have regarding this position.
Belleville Area Humane Society - Belleville
- Executive Director- The BAHS Executive Director will be the face of the organization, assist the Board of Directors with long- and short-term decision making, supervise management level positions, assist with human resources, oversee programming, and maintain the financial health of the organization. It is preferred that prime candidates has executive level management experience, experience managing a team of 10 to 15 employees, and experience working within a $500,000 budget. Preferred skills include: Google Docs proficient, Microsoft Office knowledge, Manage CRM software, Quickbooks proficient, Excellent time management skills. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Animal Care League - Oak Park
- Canine Manager- Animal Care League is looking for a part-time Veterinary Technician to assist with the day to day operations and associated programs and services of our spay/neuter clinic including serving public clinic clients and their animals as well as assisting the veterinary staff with the care and treatment of our shelter animals. Hours range from 8-24/week with coverage needed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Sundays. Responsibilities Include: Examines and evaluates animals for disease, injuries, parasites and other possible health concerns and reports to Shelter Veterinarian; Assist Shelter Veterinarian in medical exams; involves but is not limited to restraint, microchipping, blood draws, fecal floats, vaccinations, U/A work; Provide assistance to veterinarian in surgical setting as needed including intubation and recovery monitoring; Collects samples for and conducts laboratory tests as directed by veterinarian, prepares reports of test results and provides results to the staff as requested; Vaccinates, de-worms, de-fleas on intake arrival or as needed; Assists in preparing medication and administering treatment plans on a daily basis; Maintaining a disease-free or contained environment to ensure the health of the population; Operates a computer, basic office equipment, medical equipment and instruments, laboratory equipment and instruments and diagnostic instruments, etc. and exercises care and safety in the use and maintenance of the equipment. Requirements include: Knowledge of basic medical care, diseases, treatment of dogs and cats; Comfortable handling animals of all breeds, sizes and temperaments; Knowledge of medical drugs, procedures and processes; Experience with HVHQ Spay/Neuter procedures; Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment; Ability to work as a team, as well as ability to self-direct; Excellent written and oral communication; Computer skills. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Prairie Paws Animal Shelter - Ottawa
- Shelter Manager- Do you have experience implementing modern and best practices to care for animals in a shelter environment, provide enrichment, and set them up for success once adopted? Are you an enthusiastic team leader with the management and operations experience to keep a shelter running smoothly and efficiently? Do you enjoy coaching, and can you lead a dynamic team? Do you have a working knowledge of best practices to oversee herd health, including zoonotic disease control and rabies and bite quarantine procedures? Can you work well in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking, flexibility, and excellent organization skills? If you can answer yes to these questions, then our Shelter Manager position might be for you! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Nevada Humane Society - Reno
- Chief Operating Officer- This is a unique opportunity to help lead the premier animal welfare organization in northern Nevada in the expansion of our lifesaving vision for the animals. If you have a passion for lifesaving and a track record of successful leadership, we invite you to apply for the role of Chief Operations Officer (COO) of Nevada Humane Society (NHS). The COO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The ideal candidate will accomplish this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, and will be guided by the lifesaving mission and vision of NHS. The COO is responsible for the day-to-day operations and decisions in all areas of shelter operations, including but not limited to shelter, clinic and field services operations, programs and services, animal care, customer service, safety, upkeep of facilities, and staff management. The COO is a crucial member of the leadership team of NHS and reports to the CEO. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Animal Protective Foundation - Glenville
- Animal Care Manager- The Animal Protective Foundation (APF) is adding to our team with a full-time Animal Care Manager. We are seeking a positive team leader who enjoys mentoring others. Are you someone who likes to dive into details? Does keeping things clean and organized make you happy? Do you want to help pets to live their best life? This is the position for you! The Animal Care Manager (ACM) is a professional employee of the Animal Protective Foundation providing leadership, direction, and guidance for day-to-day animal care to ensure smooth operations and to maximize the potential for each pet entering APF’s care. The ACM leads a team of part-time Animal and Client Care Specialists (ACCS) and oversees APF’s foster care program. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Client Services Assistant- The Animal Protective Foundation (APF) is adding to our team with a part-time (36 hours) Client Services Assistant (CSA). Are you inspired to find creative solutions for clients? Does connecting with people energize you? Do you envision a community in which all pets are loved, respected, and receive exceptional care? Then look no further and apply today! The CSA is responsible for the compassionate delivery of programs and services offered through APF’s shelter front desk (ie. adoptions, intake of pets, and providing resources to community members in need), while providing outstanding customer service. The CSA supports the Client Services Manager in staff and volunteer training and the implementation of best practices at the front desk. The CSA will be cross-trained to assist with client services in the APF’s Community Spay/Neuter Clinic as well. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Muddy Paws Rescue - New York
- Adoptions Program Coordinator- Working in collaboration with coworkers and volunteers, the Adoptions Program Coordinator supports the planning, execution, and evaluation of MPR adoption programs. This individual must exemplify our Muddy Paws values of being Positive, Welcoming, Supportive, and Responsive, as well as support the removal of barriers in the adoption process to make adoption accessible for all. The Adoptions Program Coordinator will be a take-charge, animal-loving professional capable of working efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced team environment, taking direction from supervisors, and taking full ownership of assigned projects through to successful completion. Must demonstrate positive energy and great flexibility, have a pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment, be able to anticipate project needs, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and expertly navigate challenges. The Adoptions Program Coordinator must be willing to work weekends and occasional evening shifts. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Charlotte - Charlotte
- Veterinary Technician- Are you passionate about helping animals and their people? Are you looking to bring your talent, skills, and expertise to an organization that prides itself on serving the community? If you answered yes, we are looking for you, too! The Humane Society of Charlotte Spay/Neuter and Wellness Clinic has been in operation for almost 40 years. We pride ourselves on offering not just high-quality, low-priced spay and neuter surgeries, but also the highest quality wellness and preventative care for our clients. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and one of the leading animal shelters on the East coast, there is no better place to truly make a difference for animals in the Charlotte community and beyond. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
City of Cleveland Animal Care & Control - Cleveland
- Veterinarian- Under administrative direction of the Chief Animal Control Officer and Shelter Manager, oversees the operation of the medical treatment of animals at the City Kennel and Animal Clinic. Performs animal surgeries and administers medication. Observes quarantined animals for signs of contagious disease. Prepares samples to be sent for diagnostic testing of suspected contagious disease. Performs euthanasia on animals, as necessary. Orders required medical supplies and oversees office record-keeping practices. Checks on animals in City kennels. Advises Chief Animal Control Officer and Shelter Manager on animal health conditions related to the City kennels. Performs other job-related duties as required. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips