Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our Network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our Network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here. If you are not a Network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Santa Paula Animal Rescue Center - Santa Paula
- Associate Veterinarian- The Santa Paula Animal Rescue Center (SPARC), located within the County of Ventura, is a small no-kill, non-profit animal shelter with a sheltering contract with the City of Santa Paula. We receive just over 1,100 animals per year serving the City of Santa Paula and beyond and pride ourselves on providing stellar medical care to every pet we treat. We’re seeking a passionate doctor to lead our medical team and help expand services to our underserved community. Our small clinic is outfitting with a digital X-ray machine, in-house lab, dental equipment, and more! Open to applicants seeking full-time, part-time, contract or relief work! In this position, you will provide high-quality medical care to shelter animals, including dogs, cats, rabbits, and occasional exotic animals. Including spay/neuter, and necessary surgical treatment of various medical conditions, herd health oversight, and healthcare maintenance on shelter pets. You will ensure the humane medical treatment of all animals seen in the shelter and clinic, assist in developing, advancing, and implementing shelter medicine protocols and help expand medical access to an underserved community to keep families together. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Registered Veterinary Technician- Do you love animals AND people? Can you take our team to the next level? Small but fast-paced animal shelter in Santa Paula, CA is looking to add a part-time Registered Vet Tech (RVT) to join our close-knit and team-oriented shelter staff who strive to come from a place of “yes.” We are looking for flexible, organized communicators who are willing to share their knowledge with staff, volunteers and the public. Our veterinary clinic provides services to both the shelter and our community. We perform high volume spay/neuter services weekly as well as host guest surgeons who utilize our facility. This is a 1 or 2 day per week position. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Veterinary Assistant- Small but fast-paced animal shelter in Santa Paula, CA is seeking to add an experienced veterinary assistant to our close-knit and team-oriented medical staff. We are an established shelter who is building a progressive, fast-paced, veterinary clinic. Currently, we serve our in-house animals and our animals in foster care. Full-time position available, however we would consider part-time. Currently, we are providing care and support to 225 animals. Our ideal candidate would be a self-starter with a desire to learn and provide the highest standard of excellence in medical care when it comes to the animals and the high quality care we strive to provide. Shelter Medicine is a growing specialty field, and we are currently developing protocols in compliance with the American Shelter Veterinarian (ASV) guidelines, and well as the ASPCA guidelines and check list. Experience in high volume spay/neuter medicine is a plus, but not required. We are a friendly, positive team of professionals who support training and education both internally and in the veterinary community at large. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
City of Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Part-time Veterinary Assistant- The City of Jacksonville, Florida, is seeking a Part-time Veterinary Assistant. This is technical work in handling animal intake and adoptions through direct contact with animals of unknown origin and temperament. Open requirements include one year of education and/or experience in an animal field, medical field, or customer service field; FL Class E Driver's License is required prior to appointment and must be maintained; City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain and maintain during employment. The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. In order to be considered for this position you must apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
- Veterinary Assistant- Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love! The Neighborhoods Department is actively seeking a Veterinary Assistant. This is technical work in handling animal intake and adoptions through direct contact with animals of unknown origin and temperament. Open requirements include: One year of education and/or experience in an animal field, medical field, or customer service field; Euthanasia Technician Certification must secure within six months and must be maintained; A valid driver's license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained; Must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain, and maintain during employment in this class a City of Jacksonville certification as a public driver; and Duval County requiring the auditor to have a means of transportation at their disposal. To be considered for this position you must apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
- Veterinary Technician- The City of Jacksonville is seeking a Veterinary Technician. This is technical work in the maintenance of kennel facilities to include: care and feeding of sheltered animals, clerical and customer support work, and proving support to veterinarians and veterinary technician supervisor in routine medical, surgical, and/or necropsy procedures. To be considered for this position you must apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
Working Dogs for Conservation (WD4C) - Missoula
- Canine Field Specialist- The Canine Field Specialist (CFS) is a hands-on, professional, position in the biological sciences, and is an essential component of WD4C’s field-going operations. The CFS position is “a lifestyle, rather than a job”, where extensive travel, often intensive fieldwork with conservation dogs in remote locations around the US and international locations, and caring for dogs 24/7 is the norm. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Canine Team Training Coordinator- The Canine Team Training Coordinator (CTTC) is a hands-on, professional position, and will become an essential component of WD4C’s training operations. The CTTC is a new position in WD4C, which offers opportunities for creativity and shaping approaches for the future. The CTTC will help rescue and train WD4C’s next generation of detection and tracking dogs to be deployed around the world. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Pet Network Humane Society - Incline Village
- Executive Director- The Board of Directors is looking for a new Executive Director to lead the team at Pet Network Humane Society (PNHS), located in beautiful Incline Village, Nevada. The Executive Director acts as the primary voice of Pet Network Humane Society (PNHS) and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the shelter and thrift store. This includes strategic planning, personnel management and development, animal care, transfers and adoptions, development and fundraising, marketing and community outreach, and public education. The starting salary for this position is $150,000 per year plus a generous benefits package including health insurance, PTO and more. You will also be an essential part of an important collaboration between the Dave & Cheryl Duffield Foundation and animal welfare organizations across Nevada. This collaboration will create a first-of-its-kind safety net for dogs and cats in Nevada through partnerships which support shelters and improve access to veterinary care for all of Nevada's pets. This is a unique opportunity to be part of leading Nevada’s animal welfare efforts and this role will be instrumental in making Nevada the best place for pets and the people that love them! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
UCAN Spay & Neuter Clinic - Cincinnati
- Registered Veterinary Technician- No more long days, late nights, or working weekends! Tired of long hours, emergencies, working 6 or 7 days a week? Would you prefer a Monday - Friday work schedule where you are out by 4 pm, and no weekend work? Then join our team and have a rewarding career helping us achieve the day where there will be affordable access to pet care and no more homeless pets in Greater Cincinnati! UCAN Nonprofit Spay & Neuter Clinic, seeks a registered veterinary technician to help us conduct a wellness clinic, and assist with spay/neuter surgeries on dogs and cats. You get to help pets live longer and save lives every day with an incredibly talented and compassionate team! Competitive benefits include a Monday through Friday work schedule typically ending by 4 p.m., PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, and life insurance, substantially discounted services for personal pets, and a 401(k) plan with an employer match. Requirements include a current Ohio registered technician license, capability to multi-task in fast-paced environment, great attention to detail, proficient restraint of dogs and cats, ability to handle a physically demanding job, ability to give vaccines and microchips, and helping prepare animals for surgery. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) - Lynnwood
- Adoption Program Lead- This position includes performing advanced operational duties involving the dog and cat adoption program and acts as staff lead of service staff. Adoption Program Lead provides for the comfort and health care of animals at the shelter and assists the public in their transactions with PAWS. Essential responsibilities include: Organizes the service staff and ensures the daily work of the team is on track, such as completing adoption calls, meet and greets, and finalization, according to written Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s); Mentors new staff and assists with on-the-job training and oversight; Manages the public web information about adoptable animals including their biographies, images, videos, and adoption recommendations; Coordinates the adoption follow-up surveys and post-adoption support for clients with the behavior team; Monitors the flow-through of animals from foster to adoptions at Lynnwood or the Cat City location; Audits the adoption pending holds and the associated communications with the public about the adoption process; Assists the CAS Management team with marketing and social media efforts involving companion animals and adoption; Handles and processes incoming money from adoptions, retail sales, donations, license sales, surrendered animals and redeemed animals in accordance with written policies and procedures; Provides assistance to adoption photography volunteers in day-to-day performance of their duties as Directed by the Programs Manager. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions