Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our Network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our Network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here. If you are not a Network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Dogs Without Borders - Northridge
- Executive Director- Dogs Without Borders is an established foster-based dog rescue that has rescued over 6000 dogs since its inception. It currently operates from Northridge CA with an annual budget of $500K, and a small staff. We are seeking the perfect candidate to be our Executive Director to oversee and direct all ins and outs of the rescue's daily operations. This position is for an extremely serious candidate who is passionate about dog-rescue and understands the labor of love a rescue entails, from handling dogs to staff management, accounting, & operations. This position is ultimately saves dogs by managing humans and systems alike. Partial work from home, while reporting to our Northridge location on a weekly basis, with a combination weekday/weekend schedule as needed. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Weld County - Evans
- Shelter Veterinarian- The Shelter Veterinarian provides high-quality medical care to shelter animals, including spay/neuter, treatment of various medical conditions, and herd health maintenance. (S)he assists in developing, advancing, and implementing shelter medicine protocols and delivers and ensures humane medical treatment of all animals seen in the shelter. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: With internal veterinarian colleagues, leads the evaluation and establishment of shelter medical protocols; Continually improves the medical management program and ensures high-quality medical care and services for shelter guests including those temporarily in foster care, focusing on identification, treatment and prevention of health problems thereby increasing adoptions and decreasing adoption returns; Provides timely medical care to all shelter animals pursuant to policy and PACFA regulations; Makes recommendations and collaborates with the Executive Director, Director of Operations and veterinarian colleagues in the formulation of shelter medical objectives, practices, plans and decisions that influence operations to ensure optimal health of sheltered animals; and Oversees the maintenance of shelter drug and supply inventory while meeting and maintaining DEA requirements. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
City of Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Part-time Veterinary Assistant- The City of Jacksonville, Florida, is seeking a Part-time Veterinary Assistant. This is technical work in handling animal intake and adoptions through direct contact with animals of unknown origin and temperament. Open requirements include one year of education and/or experience in an animal field, medical field, or customer service field; FL Class E Driver's License is required prior to appointment and must be maintained; City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain and maintain during employment. The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. In order to be considered for this position you must apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
- Veterinary Technician- The City of Jacksonville is seeking a Veterinary Technician. This is technical work in the maintenance of kennel facilities to include: care and feeding of sheltered animals, clerical and customer support work, and proving support to veterinarians and veterinary technician supervisor in routine medical, surgical, and/or necropsy procedures. To be considered for this position you must apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
Meridian Canine Rescue - Meridian
- Dog Care Coordinator- Meridian Canine Rescue is looking for a compassionate, driven leader to oversee our Dog Care Program. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent dog handling skills, the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, and a strong attention to detail. As our nonprofit continues to adapt to a changing animal welfare environment and pivots to meet the needs of our community, we are looking for a team member who’s excited about our mission and able to remain flexible during a period of organizational growth. The Dog Care Coordinator is the primary staff member responsible for the well-being of our dogs. This person oversees housing, medical needs, meals, enrichment, record-keeping, inventories, intakes/adoptions, and more. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other team members. Specific tasks include processing software records, tracking the physical and emotional health of each dog, managing the Dog Care Committee, further developing the Enrichment Program, and coordinating with local professionals (e.g. trainers and veterinarians). You can learn more about this opportunity by clicking here. If you would like to apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Coordinator- Meridian Canine Rescue is looking for a compassionate, driven leader to oversee our Volunteer Program. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong people skills, the ability to build and nurture relationships with fellow dog lovers, and a level-headed approach to decision-making. As our nonprofit continues to adapt to a changing animal welfare environment and pivots to meet the needs of our community, we are looking for a team member who’s excited about our mission and able to remain flexible during a period of organizational growth. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for many of our human resources. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other staff members, volunteers, and the Board of Directors. In short, this position is focused on recruiting, training, engaging, and retaining volunteers. Specific tasks include processing volunteer records in Salesforce and Animal Shelter Manager, updating training materials, managing volunteer onboarding, resolving conflict as the need arises, planning engagement activities, and developing written communications to the group. You can learn more about this opportunity by clicking here. If you would like to apply, email your resume to email@example.com.
South Suburban Humane Society - Chicago Heights
- Intake Specialist- SSHS is a busy managed admissions shelter in the south suburbs of Chicago. We hold 13 municipal contracts so our intake desk is always busy welcoming incoming strays. The Intake Specialist welcomes pets from animal control and the public. He/she performs incoming work-ups and works with our veterinary team very closely. SSHS is a small but mighty team and we have just begun construction on our new building opening in Spring 2022. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society - Salisbury
- Administration Manager- Administration Manager needed to perform a wide range of administrative functions including general accounting, HR administration, office and Catmobile program support. This position plays a key role in keeping the company organized and running efficiently. The position reports to the Executive Director and may have one or two part-time employees reporting to it. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Rescue City - Brooklyn (remote opportunity)
- Foster Coordinator- Rescue City's Foster Coordinator has the primary responsibility of coordinating the day-to-day operations of our Foster Program. This includes: recruiting, training, scheduling, and communicating with foster volunteers as well as case management of all fosters and foster dogs. The Foster Coordinator's main goal is to provide support for the dogs and people involved in Rescue City's Foster Program. This is a mostly remote position and the ideal candidate is someone with experience working in a fast paced environment with excellent customer service skills, and the ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse community of staff/volunteers/fosters during various types of situations. Experience in a rescue organization or animal shelter is a plus! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Animal Protective Foundation - Glenville
- Veterinarian (PT) - Looking for something different? Interested in making a positive impact on the pets of our community? Are you a team member who values collaboration and a supportive learning culture? Do you enjoy hard work, while still appreciating getting home in time for dinner? The APF wants you to join our veterinary team as our Part-Time Veterinarian! This position will work in coordination with our veterinary team to complete spay/neuter surgeries for shelter and publicly owned pets through our Community Spay/Neuter Clinic, as well as contributing to the exceptional veterinary care our shelter pets receive. The APF provides a full-spectrum of diagnostics and treatments for in-shelter pets to ensure they are happy and healthy prior to going home with their adoptive families. Our community services, including low-cost spay/neuter and vaccination clinics, are a vital service to meet our vision of a community where all companion animals are loved, respected and receive exceptional care. High-Volume spay/neuter training will be made available to the successful candidate! This position will average 20-25 hours per week, with a similar amount of time spent in both the Community Clinic and the Shelter. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Second Chance Sheridan Cat Rescue - Sheridan
- Executive Director- Second Chance Sheridan Cat Rescue (SCSCR) is looking for an individual with leadership experience and a passion for cats to lead our private, limited admission, no-kill cat rescue. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and oversees staff, volunteers, and contractors. The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the rescue, including maintaining compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations, managing staff, overseeing financial operations, and promoting positive donor relations in the community. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Shelter Animals Count - Remote
- Executive Director- Shelter Animals Count is the trusted source for collecting and sharing credible and accessible data to positively impact animals and communities. It is a pioneering collaboration with representation and support of nearly all national animal welfare organizations. The executive director is responsible for working with the board of directors to bring expertise and support to organization activities, represent the organization on a national basis, and work with contractors to perform ongoing technical duties such as database development and management. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips
Silicon Valley Pet Project Example Volunteer Job Descriptions