Network Partner Job Openings
Want to get involved in your community? Check out the following job openings with our Network partners as well as helpful resources for those looking for a job in animal welfare.
Network Partner Job Openings
Please note, the job postings are courtesy listings for our Network partners. For more information on any of the opportunities listed, please contact the organization directly.
If you are a Network partner and have a job opportunity that you would like us to post, please submit a request here. If you are not a Network partner, please click here to learn more about our program and how to apply.
Heaven on Earth - North Hollywood
- SpayShip Transport Coordinator- (Full-time) Heaven on Earth is looking for a Transport Coordinator for the afternoon/evening shift that focuses on transporting and trapping for our SpayShip Transport Program! This life-saving program provides free transport, TNR, and trapping assistance to communities in the San Fernando Valley. Be a part of the solution. TNR saves lives! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Ramona Humane Society - San Jacinto
- Experienced Animal Control Officer- Under direct or general supervision, Animal Control Officers (ACOs) enforces state and local laws, codes, and ordinances regarding stray, dangerous, nuisance, and improperly kept domestic, wild, livestock, and exotic animals; investigates complaints and patrols assigned areas; ensures public safety by capturing and caring for animals; and performs related work as assigned. Ability to: Drive a truck with or without a trailer. Lift, carry, handle and transport animals weighing over 70 pounds. Walk, run, jump, twist, squat, crawl, and climb. Work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors. License AND Certification Requirements include: Must possess a valid California class “C” driver’s license upon hire and maintain throughout the length of employment with RHS. National Animal Control Association Level 1 Certification or Basic Animal Law Enforcement Training Academy Certification. California Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST), Penal Code 832 – Powers of Arrest or Reserve Level III. Humane Euthanasia certified. Reside within 30 minutes of the shelter while on stand-by. Bilingual is highly desirable. Required to work scheduled and on-call shifts including evening, weekends and holidays. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Santa Paula Animal Rescue Center - Santa Paula
- Veterinarian- Looking to make a significant difference in the lives of shelter pets? Do you have an interest in shelter medicine and a strong desire to be a part of a lifesaving team? Nestled in the citrus groves of Santa Paula, CA the Santa Paula Animal Rescue Center (SPARC) is small no-kill non-profit animal shelter with a sheltering contract with the City of Santa Paula located just 15 minutes from the picturesque beaches in beautiful Ventura County. We receive just over 1,100 animals per year serving the City of Santa Paula and beyond and pride ourselves on providing stellar medical care to every pet we treat. We’re seeking a passionate doctor to lead our medical team and help expand services to our underserved community. Our small clinic is outfitting with an digital X-ray machine, in-house lab, dental equipment and more! Currently seeking a full-time candidate (part-time considered). In this position you will provide high-quality medical care to shelter animals, including dogs, cats, rabbits and occasional exotic animals. Including spay/neuter, and necessary surgical treatment of various medical conditions, herd health oversight, and healthcare maintenance on shelter pets. You will ensure the humane medical treatment of all animals seen in the shelter and clinic, assist in developing, advancing, and implementing shelter medicine protocols and help expand medical access to an underserved community to keep families together. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
City of Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services - Jacksonville
- Part-time Veterinary Assistant- The City of Jacksonville, Florida, is seeking a Part-time Veterinary Assistant. This is technical work in handling animal intake and adoptions through direct contact with animals of unknown origin and temperament. The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. In order to be considered for this position you must apply online at www.coj.net/jobs.
Heartland Animal Shelter - Northbrook
- Development Director- Heartland Animal Shelter in Northbrook, Illinois (northern Chicago suburb) is hiring for a full-time Development Director. The Development Director is a one-person department responsible for all of the organization’s essential revenue streams which allow the organization to achieve its mission and maximize its impact in the community. This person is expected to meet the budget expectations of Heartland Animal Shelter by planning, organizing, directing and personally carrying out fundraising objectives. The Development Director is also responsible for executing the donor relations strategy, stewarding individuals, grants and foundations, and working with a variety of individuals, groups, donors, event guests, volunteers, staff and other constituents. Marketing experience is a plus! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- Parvovirus Program Coordinator- Heartland Animal Shelter is seeking a short-term, part-time Parvovirus Program Coordinator to add to our medical team! This is a temporary position with extremely variable hours, expected to average around 10 per week. Approximately 60% will be remote work from home, 20% at the shelter, and 20% out in the community. Experience treating parvovirus is essential to this role! You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
- TNR Coordinator- Heartland Animal Shelter is seeking a part-time TNR Coordinator to join our trap-neuter-return team! This is a temporary position for the period of 3-6 months. The schedule is flexible, as are the hours. We are looking for someone with TNR experience who can commit to at least 10 hours per week, but up to 30 are available. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Humane Society of Charlotte - Charlotte
- Animal Care Manager - The Humane Society of Charlotte has been in operation for over 40 years. We pride ourselves on offering judgement free, high quality services through our adoption programs, public behavior & training programs, and our high volume high quality spay/neuter and wellness clinic . As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and one of the leading animal shelters on the East coast, there is no better place to truly make a difference for animals in the Charlotte community and beyond. As the Animal Care Manager on our Operations team, you will be a leader on our staff, motivating and energizing the animal care team to meet department goals. You will act as a mentor and coach, sharing your expertise with your fellow team members while completing your daily duties. With your experience in the animal sheltering field, you can expect that typical animal husbandry, intake, veterinary, and managerial duties apply. We’re looking for candidates who have at least two years of Animal Sheltering experience. We not only offer a competitive salary range, but also a comprehensive benefits package for Full-Time staff. To learn more, please visit our website. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements as well as completing our pre-employment assessments here.
- Behavior & Training Manager- Are you passionate about helping animals and their people? Are you looking to bring your talent, skills, and expertise to an organization that prides itself on serving the community? If you answered yes, we are looking for you, too! As the Behavior & Training Manager on our Operations team, you will be a leader on our staff, motivating and energizing the animal care team to meet department goals. You will act as a mentor and coach, sharing your expertise with your fellow team members while completing the daily duties. With your experience in the animal sheltering field, you can expect that typical animal husbandry, intake, veterinary, and managerial duties to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have at least two years of Animal Sheltering experience, and CPDT or equivalent certification is preferred. We not only offer a competitive salary range, but also a comprehensive benefits package for Full-Time staff. Come join our team of amazing professionals that are truly making a difference in the lives of animals and families in our community. Visit our website, www.humanecharlotte.org, for a detailed job description, benefits summary, as well as additional information on our organization. If you are ready to apply, please do so here.
- Animal Services Specialist- Under general supervision of the Animal Services Manager, the Animal Services Specialist will provide oversight of the animal services operations to maximize and coordinate adoptions, and provide a healthy environment for animals, employees, volunteers, and the community. Including supervision and program coordination of the volunteer program, special projects, data analysis and reporting. Starting Pay Rate is $20.77 per hour. This a full time benefit eligible position. You can learn more about this opportunity and how to apply by clicking here.
Operation Paws for Homes - Fairfax
- Director of Operations and Engagement- Director of Operations & Engagement (DOE) will require thorough knowledge of rescue, including running a remote organization, finance, HR, maintaining and instituting standard operating procedures, strategic planning, budgeting, fundraising, engagement, community outreach, volunteer management and employee mentoring and development. This position will provide leadership in carrying out the organization's mission, implementing operating models, driving for continuous process improvement and maximizing resources to meet short and long term goals through an almost entirely volunteer-based organization. If you would like more information or to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fredericksburg SPCA - Fredericksburg
- Licensed Veterinary Technician- The Fredericksburg SPCA is on the cutting edge of an inspiring national movement to keep pets and their families together and are looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our Shelter Medicine Team. Are you interested in becoming part of our LIFE SAVING efforts? We are a non-profit clinic providing high quality, low cost medicine to members of our community including our rescue partners and People Empowered Through Support Clients. Our team is made up of compassionate individuals who believe teamwork makes dream work! Collaboration is the key in this fast-paced, fun work environment. Not only will you get to change the lives of homeless animals, but you get the chance to shape shelter medicine for the benefit of the community as a whole! So are you ready to save lives? Join our Team and become a SuperHero! You can learn more about this opportunity here. Send your resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
Professional Development Resources
While you’re looking for a job in animal welfare, check out these professional development resources curated by the HR Team at Best Friends:
University of Florida Veterinary Shelter Medicine Online supported by PetSmart Charities
University of the Pacific, Animal Management Certificate Program Online
Animal Sheltering, Trainings & Events
ASPCA Pro, Online Courses
ASPCA Pro, Webinars
Top 10 Nonprofit Jobs Interviewing Tips
21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression
How to Write a Resume: Resume Tips