The Best Friends Podcast - Episode 8
The economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is becoming clearer for municipal governments, and the projected revenue shortfalls are causing across the board budget cuts. Animal services in communities large and small are facing decisions on how to do more with less. How do you keep up lifesaving while also providing necessary services to the public when your budget is cut by 15%?
It will take community-wide collaboration, innovation, and a commitment to the animals and each other like never before.
We spoke with Ed Jamison of Dallas Animal Services as he leads his team, and community through this time of economic uncertainty.
Guests this week:
- Ed Jamison, Dallas Animal Services
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
- Fundraising for Municipal Shelters Playbook
- COVID-19: Fundraising During a Crisis webinar
- Year-end Social Fundraising online learning module
- Business Leadership Planning for Budget Cuts During COVID 19
- Staying Nimble and Solvent through the Pandemic
- Swain Strategies - Your COVID-19 Fundraising Event Toolkit
- Best Friends Network Fundraising & Support resource library
- SBA Loans for Nonprofits Information