The Best Friends Podcast Episode 1
Necessity is the mother of invention” is a mantra that Best Friends CEO Julie Castle deeply believes in. It’s a mantra that established her position in animal welfare decades ago, and it’s a mantra that ignites her leadership of an industry that was suddenly dismantled and reassembled overnight. COVID-19 has meant the end of animal sheltering as American society has known it since the 19th century. As an industry, we’ve experienced steady incremental progress over the last two centuries; in the last few weeks, we’ve experienced a complete paradigm shift.
Julie is not alone in her leadership at this pivotal moment, and she’s the first to both celebrate and be humbled by that fact. On this episode of the Best Friends Podcast, Julie talks about what she believes is the future of animal care and sheltering, the critical yet forgotten power of neighbors, and why she thinks that “the best of us is showing right now."
Guest this week:
- Julie Castle, CEO, Best Friends Animal Society
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
- Community Kindness Cards: Help keep pets at home and safe. Use these cards to ask your community to be part of solution. This template allows you to add your own logo and contact information as well. We recommend saving as a PDF before distributing.
- COVID-19 Resource Page Gives a Glimpse into the Future of Sheltering editorial
- If you are a pet owner that needs help, click here.
- If you are interested in learning how you can help, click here.