The Best Friends Podcast Episode 60
Whether you call it burnout, compassion fatigue, or something else, the constant demands in the animal services field can be at times overwhelming. There are so many animals in need, but only one of you, right?! The feelings that come with those beliefs are can be incredibly challenging and sometimes can drive people away from the field or to self-destructive acts.
Due to the importance of the work, we are continually living in a state of urgency quite literally with lives hanging in the balance. It is easy to become lost in our work and not take time to recharge and care for ourselves.
This week, we talk with Meryl Schwarz, a certified professional coach specializing in working with those suffering from compassion fatigue.
Click here to check out all the episodes from the podcast.
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
- Coping in the time of COVID- Meryl Schwartz
- Healing the Wounded Healer, Michele Gaspar, DVM, DABVP (Feline), MA. (Best Friends National Conference, 2013)
- Jessica Dolce's Coping with Stress during COVID-19 resources and webinar
- The Best Friends Podcast Ep. 7- Compassionate Badassery
- Dr. Linda Harper, Ph.D. & Faith Maloney Mindful Lifesaving
- Self Inventory Screening for Animal Advocates
- Animal Caretaker Burnout
- Greater Good Magazine- Science-based insights for a meaningful life
- Jessica Dolce's Compassion in Balance year-long resistance building online course
certified professional coach