The Best Friends Podcast Episode 5
Volunteers - Powering Lifesaving Everywhere
April 23rd, 2020
Feeling a little blue? The Pitt County Animal Shelter just might have the cure… if you're game enough to let it all hang out!
And it’s National Volunteer Week! We visited with a volunteer in Philly who hasn’t let a pandemic slow down her support for her local shelter. And a conversation with Gina Knepp, former director of the City of Sacramento Animal Shelter and now the Director of Shelter Outreach with Michelson Found Animals, who says trust is what matters the most when working with volunteers.
Click here to check out all the episodes from the podcast.
Resources from this episode
The Pitt County, NC shelter crew gets out and dances to start the day as a way to boost morale.
- Check out this link to see some of the drawings that helped ACCT Philly volunteer Rachel Lawbaugh raise $16,000 through the draw your pet fundraiser!
- Volunteer Program Overview: contains sample procedure and program information documents
Guests this week
- Michele Whaley & the Pitt County Animal Shelter Dance Crew
- Rachel Lawbaugh, Volunteer for ACCT Philly
- Gina Knepp, Michelson Found Animals Foundation