Lifesaving Resiliency Grants
The past year has been tough on all of us. As an industry, we’ve been challenged to adjust the way we operate as we navigate through new obstacles, stretching our resources and our staff’s capacity to manage it all.
But through our work in the field alongside our Network partners, we are consistently inspired by the creativity and positivity displayed while this important work is being done. That’s why we wanted to say “thank you” and show our appreciation for our network partner’s hard work and dedication to saving the lives of dogs and cats in our nation’s shelters.
To show our appreciation, Best Friends and Maddie's Fund have teamed up to award twelve of our hardworking network partners with a $5,000 grant for stepping up to overcome the challenges faced this past year. Network partners were asked to share how their staff and/or volunteers inspired positive change to drive resiliency this past year. You can view the winner's stories in the video below.
Congratulations to the following organizations whose stories were picked as our winners.
- Companion Animal Alliance in Louisiana
- Dane County Humane Society in Wisconsin
- Forsyth Humane Society in North Carolina
- Franklin County Animal Services in North Carolina
- Friends of Arlington Animal Services in Texas
- Humane Society of Western Montana
- It Takes A Village No-Kill Rescue in Indiana
- LifeLine Animal Project in Georgia
- Lucky Dog Animal Rescue in Virginia
- Pets Alive Animal Sanctuary, Inc. in New York
- Secondhand Hounds in Minnesota
- Underdog Animal Rescue & Rehab in Utah
Thank you to everyone who shared their story with us. You truly inspire us at Best Friends, Maddie’s Fund and other Network partners with your lifesaving work.