COVID-19 Resources: Fundraising
The fear of having large groups of people in one place is causing many organizations to cancel or postpone fundraising events, but you can take steps to turn this situation into a positive one.
Here are 3 fiscally impactful alternatives to live events right now:
1) Turn the live event into a virtual one. Heavily promote it via email and social media.
- Examples: Use Facebook Live to conduct a silent auction. Ask an influencer to do an Instagram Live with a “donate” button to raise funds on your behalf.
2) Consider rescheduling the event for later in the year. Communicate your plans to attendees, venues, vendors and sponsors as soon as possible
3) Focus on stewardship and building deeper relationships.
- Use this time to evaluate all your fundraising tactics and analyze your list of donors and supporters. You probably have a lot of potential donors who aren’t interested in events and would be more likely to give money based off a personal relationship through a phone call or visit.
VIDEOS, WEBINARS, & PODCAST
- COVID-19: Fundraising During a Crisis webinar
- Year-end Social Fundraising online learning module
- Business Leadership Planning for Budget Cuts During COVID-19
DOWNLOADABLE PDFs, PLAYBOOKS, & SOPs
- Work Less Raise More - How to write an Emergency E-Appeal if your organization is being affected by the Coronavirus
- Create or update your Amazon Wishlist with special or day-to-day items needed for the animals in your care or your staff. Check out this how-to article to get started.
- Animal Shelter Fundraising: Turning Ideas into Action
READY TO GO TEMPLATES
- Queer Ideas - Free resources for creating a Coronavirus Appeal
- Appeal Letter Template
- Animal Services Business Plan Template
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & INFORMATION
- Swain Strategies - Your COVID-19 Fundraising Event Toolkit
- Best Friends Network Fundraising & Support resource library
- Community Foundations Nationwide Launch Coronavirus Relief Efforts
- SBA Loans for Nonprofits Information
- GivingTuesday Announces Day of Global Action for Giving and Unity in Response to COVID-19 on May 5, 2020
- Staying Nimble and Solvent through the Pandemic