#ThanksToMaddie, we are expanding Best Friends Vet Access to thousands more fosters.*
Best Friends Vet Access (BFVA) is a mobile app that allows fosters to call, video conference or text chat a veterinarian 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. #ThanksToMaddie, this service is now available for FREE to fosters working with any animal shelter or rescue group in the country.
BFVA vets can advise on medical, nutritional, and even behavioral issues. When a foster uses the app to contact a vet, the vet will advise on if the issue is something that can be handled at home, requires an in-person vet visit, or if the foster should seek emergency veterinary assistance.
Register your shelter or rescue group for this free service.
For more information to distribute to your fosters, download this flyer.
You can find more information in our Best Friends Vet Access FAQ's for fosters and organization admins.
*While user licenses last
VIDEOS, WEBINARS, & PODCAST
DOWNLOADABLE PDFs, PLAYBOOKS, & SOPs
- What is Best Friends Vet Access for fosters? - Flyer to distribute to fosters
- How to use the Best Friends Vet Access for fosters - Training instructions for fosters
- How to use your Best Friends Vet Access Foster Portal PowerPoint – Training instructions for organizations
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & INFORMATION
- Maddie’s Fund explains more tele-health options
- PetPro Connect telemedicine demo
- Covetrus Shelters for Fosters portal
- For questions and troubleshooting during the foster portal set-up process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For technical questions about the Best Friends Vet Access app, please contact Tech Support inside the app under the Profile menu.
- For questions about BFVA as a service or the registration process, please email email@example.com.