It is free to participate in the Best Friends Network. To apply and be eligible for participation, your organization/group must:
- Be willing and able to establish a positive working relationship with Best Friends and submit with required data reporting.
- Be a group or shelter operating in the United States (excluding U.S. Territories) serving dogs and/or cats and their owners.
- Be in compliance with all local laws and regulations governing animal sheltering and provide appropriate daily care to all animals under the care of the organization, including animals in foster homes or at other offsite locations. This includes, but is not limited to: sanitary living conditions, food, water, enrichment and shelter.
- Be actively working toward the Best Friends mission of No More Homeless Pets by operating or supporting an active dog and/or cat adoption, transport, and/or spay/neuter or intake prevention program.
- Be an approved 501(c)(3) public charity or municipal shelter. To learn more about 501(c)(3), please visit the Internal Revenue Service website.
- Be in good standing with GuideStar Charity Check.