Strut Your Mutt
Saving lives one step at a time
Strut Your Mutt is a nationwide dog walk and fundraising event. We encourage all of our network partners to participate. It’s a fun and easy way to raise money and help save lives of homeless pets in your community. For many network partners, the money raised during Strut Your Mutt makes up their funding for the entire year.
Last year, 300 Best Friends Network partners raised nearly $2 million.
How it works
- You must be an approved Best Friend’s Network partner. If your organization isn’t a partner, you can apply to become one today.
- After your application is approved, we’ll help you set up a fundraising page on strutyourmutt.org. Then let the fundraising magic begin! Fundraising takes place from June 18 – October 31. Checks for funds raised will be mailed to network partners before the end of the year.
Why it’s so easy to Strut
- You’ll receive printed professional marketing materials, such as flyers and postcards. Supplies are limited, so apply early to guarantee a marketing kit.
- You’ll have access to online promotional tools, such as social media graphics.
- We’re available for one-on-one assistance and can work with your team to help you meet your recruitment and fundraising goals.
- And the best part: Every registration and donation made to your team — online or offline — counts as a donation.
- Network partners keep 100 percent of funds raised (after processing and transaction fees).
- This year, we’re offering more than $80,000 in incentive dollars. Stay tuned for incentive and challenge details.
So, mark your calendar for the event nearest you.
September 8, Atlanta – Atlantic Station Pinnacle Lot
September 15, Austin – Walter E. Long Park
September 15, Kanab – Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
September 22, Portland – Willamette Park
September 22, St. Louis – Tower Grove Park
September 29, Jacksonville – Riverside Park
September 29, Minneapolis–St. Paul – Wolfe Park
September 29, San Francisco – Little Marina Green
October 6, D.C. Metro – Wheaton Regional Park
October 6, New York City – Hudson River Park, Pier 84
October 13, Houston – Stude Park
October 13, Salt Lake City – Liberty Park
October 20, Los Angeles – Exposition Park
October 20, Phoenix – Cesar Chavez Park
October 27, Strut Your Mutt Day (Don’t live near an event city? You can participate no matter where you live!)
*Dates and locations are subject to change
Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org