Resources and foster care manuals for shelters and rescuers.
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
- Best Friends Dog Housing - Octagon Drawings
- Cat Foster Care Manual
- Cat Declawing: The Price of Convenience
- Client Services and Adoption
- Creating an Online Orientation for Animal Foster Care Volunteers
- Dog Foster Care Manual
- Finding Families for Furry Friends
- How to Conduct Successful Adoption Events
- Mapping Made Easy: Using Data to Find Your Problems
- Reduced Fee Adoptions - Why They work
- Shelter and Rescue Liability
VIDEOS & WEBINARS
- Using Data to Tell Your Story
- It Pays to Be Data Driven
- Huntsville Animal Services in Huntsville, Alabama (Dr. Karen Sheppard)
- Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Animal Services in Brevard County Florida (Sheriff Wayne Ivey and Joe Hellebrand)
- Greenville County Animal Care in Greenville, South Carolina (Shelly Simmons)
- National Conference Presentations
- Webinar Archive
Short-term Fostering Panel
Nikki Harris, chief operating officer, Jacksonville Humane Society; Danielle Rutherford, cat shelter supervisor, Memphis Animal Services; Carina Haro, foster program coordinator, Best Friends Animal Society - Los Angeles; Megan McCloud, Lifesaving Programs Support Lead, Best Friends Animal Society - Salt Lake City
With holiday season upon us, why not try short-term fostering, so all the animals in your care can be home for the holidays? This live-recorded panel-style webinar features Best Friends Network partners who have successfully launched short-term foster programs. Panelists shared how they started their programs, marketed a new program, successes and challenges, and tips for launching one in your community. Click here to watch.
Lifetime Care for Pets: Helping Pet Owners Plan for the Possibility That Their Pets Might Outlive Them
Amy Shever, director, 2nd Chance 4 Pets
Thousands of pets end up at shelters every year simply because they outlived their humans who had not planned for their continued care. Typically “orphaned” pets deteriorate in the shelter environment. This webinar will outline what options and resources are available to ensure “lifetime care” for pets and how your organization can help pet owners plan for the possibility that their pets might outlive them. Click here to watch. To download the PDF of this presentation, click here.
Chris Roy, founder, Doobert
Do you Doobert? Best Friends and Doobert have been working together to better meet the transport needs of Best Friends and the hundreds of shelters and rescue organizations currently transporting animals across the country. Learn more about the software from the founder and how Doobert can help your organization. Click here to watch.
Tawny Hammond, national director of leadership advancement, Best Friends Animal Society; José Ocaño, director of the Pacific region, Best Friends Animal Society
Now is the time to plan how we want to be proactive in 2019 with lifesaving. These next few months are a time of year when shelter staff can take a breath and have the bandwidth to look at operations. Take this time to evaluate and plan things like foster programs before the spring and summer seasons hit and kitten season is upon us. In this webinar, we'll show you how to champion a new program or policy that will result in increased lifesaving and we’ll cover the five foundational gifts for leadership for lifesaving during the holidays. Click here to watch.