Find Love Online: Best Friends Virtual Super Adoption now open
The first of its kind, this national virtual event will gather adoptable animals from around the country into a central “venue” where adopters can browse, meet, and complete the check-out process in one sitting. The only thing that network partners have to do is physically delivery or facilitate the pet’s pick up.
The event toolkit is now available for use by participating organizations.
Download the Toolkit
We have partnered with Adopets to be our venue for the virtual event. This adoption platform provides a complete system for online applications, approval management, contract signing, and payment. Partners that choose to promote their animals on the platform for the virtual super adoption are eligible for the following incentives:
- Free lifetime account to Adopets
- HBO Max will contribute $25 off to the first 800 adoptions, and Petco Foundation will also contribute $25 off to an additional 800 adoptions for all adoptions completed via adopets
- Special marketing opportunity with Cats of Instagram to potentially feature an adoptable cat
You can use the Adopets Help Center to search specific topics you’d like more information on. If you choose not to use Adopets, you will be able to use any website URL that currently hosts your adoptable animals (e.g., page on your website, petfinder.com, adoptapet.com, etc.).
Have more questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.
All participating organizations are eligible for the following awards:
- Most adoptions over the event
- Average annual intake <1,000
- Average annual intake 1,000 - 4,999
- Average annual intake <5,000
- Oldest pet adopted
- Best video (either staff / volunteer testimony or social distancing pick-up) *more details in toolkit
Each award is $1,000. Groups must submit event reporting after the event is complete to be eligible. The deadline for reporting is 8 a.m EDT on Tuesday, June 2.
Thanks to our event sponsors: