Strut Your Mutt
A walk in the park that saves lives.
Registration and fundraising information coming soon.
Strut Your Mutt is Best Friends’ biggest annual fundraising event for network partners, culminating in a full day of dog walking and festival activities in 14 cities around the country. Don't live near an event city? You can still join the fun and raise money by participating in Strut Your Mutt Day!
Not only does Strut Your Mutt raise awareness about saving the lives of homeless pets — it also provides local rescue groups and shelters like you with a huge opportunity to raise much-needed funds.
Plus, as a participating group you’ll get to keep the money raised by your team members*, and you’ll get the chance to win additional cash prizes that will go toward your overall fundraising goal. Last year, 294 participating network partner teams raised nearly $1.9 million!
*Network partners keep 100 percent of funds raised, including registration fees, after processing and transaction fees.
How you join
To participate, you must be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner. If your organization is not currently a No More Homeless Pets Network partner, apply today to become one.
Already an approved network partner?
Public registration and fundraising begins July 13 and closes October 31.
For questions, please email us at email@example.com
Why it’s so easy to strut
- You’ll receive one-on-one assistance. We’ll work with your team through every step of the process to help you meet your goals.
- If you participate in a live event and your fundraising page is set up by noon, July 15, your organization’s name will be listed on the back of your event T-shirt.
- Each registration and donation for your team ― online or offline ― will count as a donation.
- We’ll furnish printed professional marketing materials, such as flyers and postcards. Supplies are limited, so be sure to register early to get yours!
- You’ll also have access to other online promotional tools, such as web and social media graphics.
2017 event schedule and locations:
- September 9 - Portland: Sellwood Riverfront Park, SE Oaks Park Way, Portland, OR 97202
- September 10 - Minneapolis‒St Paul: Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- September 16 - Austin: Walter E Long Park, 6620 Blue Bluff Road, Austin, TX 78724
- September 16 - Kanab: Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, 5001 Angel Canyon Road, Kanab, UT 84741
- September 23 - Atlanta: Brooke Run Park, 4770 N. Peachtree Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338
- September 23 - St. Louis: Tower Grove Park, 4256 Magnolia Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110
- September 30 - Jacksonville: Riverside Park, 753 Park Street, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- September 30 - San Francisco: Little Marina Green, 800 Marina Boulevard, San Francisco, CA 94123
- October 7 - DC Metro: Wheaton Regional Park, 1400 Glenallan Avenue, Wheaton, MD 20902
- October 7 - New York City: Hudson River Park's Pier 26, New York, NY 10013
- October 14 - Salt Lake City: Liberty Park, 900 S. & 700 E., Salt Lake City, UT
- October 14 - Houston: Stude Park, 1031 Stude Street, Houston, TX 77007
- October 21 - Los Angeles: Exposition Park, 700 Exposition Park Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90037
- October 21 - Phoenix: Cesar Chavez Park, 7858 S. 35th Avenue, Laveen Village, AZ 85339
- October 28 - Strut your Mutt Day
Participants in Strut Your Mutt agree to:
- Designate a team captain who will be responsible for all Strut Your Mutt duties relating to Best Friends, including (a) providing Best Friends with any required documents from the organization (such as a W-9 form); (b) engaging in all communications between Best Friends and the organization regarding Strut Your Mutt; (c) handling potentially sensitive information regarding the organization, such as financial and supporter/donor information; and (d) receiving funds raised during Strut Your Mutt.
- Promote participation on your organization's website, Facebook page, and/or other applicable means of advertising during the promotion time frame, using the marketing collateral provided by Best Friends. Additionally, participants acknowledge that the trademark, marketing materials and logo should not be used out of context or outside of the set dates for this promotion.
- Submit the team captain survey that you will receive via email after your event has ended. Your general feedback on the event is important, and this information will be used in future Strut Your Mutt planning.