National Cat Adoption Promotion
June 1 - 30, 2016
Registration to participate has closed.
Best Friends new campaign, “Man Enough,” was aimed at saving the lives of cats across the country. Participating partners offered $10 on all or a selection of cats and kittens for Father’s Day throughout the month of June. This year, 141 partners, including 48 shelters, found loving homes for 6,077 animals.
Best Friends national adoption promotions not only help pets in your area find homes — they benefit your entire organization. Get more information on why offering reduced fees is an effective way to boost adoptions.
What's in it for participating groups?
- A chance to win up to $8,000 in cash for your organization! To qualify, make sure you are up-to-date on monthly data reporting by July 15, 2016.
- Groups will be in the spotlight with nationwide advertising, celebrity backing and Best Friends’ member messaging.
- Pre-printed professional marketing materials: flyers, posters, and kennel tags (must opt in to receive a kit). Kits are filled with professionally designed flyers, posters and kennel tags. After this date, kits will be limited in number and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. These marketing kits will be mailed out as early as May 15.
- Access to an online marketing resource center filled with marketing materials available for download, including customizable flyers and posters, web banners, social media images and more. Online marketing toolkit will be available by May 15.
Rules for participation:
- To participate in this promotion, your organization needs to be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner. If your organization is not yet a Network partner, please click here to apply. We’d love for you to take part in future Network partner offerings. Our application and approval process can take several weeks, so please plan ahead and apply now.
- All Network partners should have current (through January 2016) statistics in the data matrix. If your organization is a member of the No-Kill Los Angeles (NKLA) or No-Kill Utah (NKUT) coalitions, submission of these statistics is verified, as required by each coalition. Click here to learn how to report your stats. Not sure if you are eligible? Contact our program coordinator, Jen Schrolucke, at email@example.com.
- After the promotion is complete, you will also need to submit an online promotion report, which we will provide for you via email after the promotion ends. This report will ask for your adoption numbers and general feedback on the promotion.
*Funds will be distributed following submission of a promotion report at the conclusion of the adoption campaign.