This isn’t your average dog walk. It’s about saving lives.
Fundraising begins June 6 and ends October 31, 2016
Strut Your Mutt is Best Friends’ biggest annual fundraising event for Network partners, culminating in a full day of dog walking and festival activities in 14 cities around the country, including two new cities - Atlanta, GA and Phoenix, AZ. Don't live near an event city? You can still join the fun and raise money by participating in the virtual Strut Your Mutt.
Not only does Strut Your Mutt raise awareness about saving the lives of homeless pets — it also provides local rescue groups and shelters, like you, with a huge opportunity to raise much-needed funds. Last year, 294 participating network partner teams raised close to $1.5 million! Click here to see highlights from last year's event.
This year’s Strut Your Mutt will offer fun monthly challenges, incredible prizes, and over $100,000 in cash awards. Apply to participate and start fundraising June 6!
For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is in it for you?
- Monthly challenges, cash awards, and a chance to win up to $10,000 towards your fundraising goal!
- Your organization will be listed on official event t-shirts if approved to participate before July 1.
- Preprinted professional marketing materials: flyers and posters (must opt in to receive a kit). You must have your fundraising pages set up by July 26 to receive a marketing kit.
- Access to other promotional tools like flyers, posters, web and social media graphics.
- And each marketing tool is developed specially by the Best Friends marketing team with the goal of raising awareness about Strut Your Mutt taking place in 14 cities across the country. When you participate and use the same national collateral, your organization can garner the same attention.
Planning to participate? Here are details of what will be required of groups in 2016:
- You must be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner or a member of the NKLA or Utah Coalitions in order to participate in Strut Your Mutt.
- Applications to participate in Strut Your Mutt will be accepted through August 31, 2016 5pm ET, as the final deadline to have a fundraising page up for your Network partner team is September 2, 2016 5pm ET.
- If your organization is not currently a No More Homeless Pets Network partner, you must apply to become a partner no later than August 10, 2016 in order to be considered for participation in Strut Your Mutt. Click here for more information on applying for the Network. The application and approval process can take several weeks, so apply as soon as possible!
- After Strut Your Mutt is complete, you will also need to submit the post event survey, which we will provide to you at the conclusion of Strut Your Mutt. This survey asks for your feedback on Strut Your Mutt, including the fundraising campaign, and if participating in a live event, your team's experience with the event.