Strut Your Mutt® is Best Friends’ biggest annual fundraising event for our Network partners, culminating in a full day of community dog walking and festival activities in 14 cities around the country. We also have an online Strut Your Mutt Challenge for all groups outside of those 14 cities.
Not only does Strut Your Mutt raise awareness about saving the lives of homeless pets — it also provides local rescue groups and shelters, like you, with a huge opportunity to raise much-needed funds. In 2015, enthusiastic strutters raised nearly $2 million, including almost $1.5 million for 295 participating Network partner teams nationwide.
Stay tuned - more details to come!
to see highlights from last year's event.
Planning to participate? Here are details of what will be required of groups in 2016:
- You must be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner or a member of the NKLA or Utah Coalitions in order to participate in Strut Your Mutt.
- All currently approved Network partners must be current through December 2015 with their statistics in the data matrix. Click here to learn how to report your stats. Not sure if you are eligible? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an NKLA or Utah Coalition member, submission of these statistics will be verified as required by your coalition.
- Applications to participate in Strut Your Mutt will be accepted through TBD, as the final deadline to have a fundraising page up for your Network partner team is TBD.
- If your organization is not currently a No More Homeless Pets Network partner, you must apply to become a partner no later than TBD in order to be considered for participation in Strut Your Mutt. Click here for more information on applying for the Network. The application and approval process can take several weeks, so apply as soon as possible!
- After Strut Your Mutt is complete, you will also need to submit the post event survey, which we will provide to you at the conclusion of Strut Your Mutt. This survey asks for your feedback on Strut Your Mutt, including the fundraising campaign, and if participating in a live event, your team's experience with the event.